While Saban possibly coaching the Giants is just speculation right now, one former National Football League coach thinks that it is possible.
While the Giants job is open after Ben McAdoo was sacked December 4, there are tons of questions about a team that went just 3-13 in 2017.
Arum, too, said the Giants were interested if the deal could be worked out within 24 hours but that Saban's wife eventually nixed the idea.
Arians was asked why the Giants in particular so intrigue Saban.More news: Millie Bobby Brown to Play Sherlock Holmes' Sister Enola Holmes
Collins played three seasons at Tuscaloosa from 2012-14, being a part of the team's BCS national title squad as a freshman when Alabama defeated Notre Dame 42-14. "When we grew up, they were the thing".
The Giants denied this version of events at the time.
That certainly does not seem to be the case for Giants safety Landon Collins.
"The way he runs his organization, I've been through that process".
In two seasons as head coach of the Miami Dolphins, Saban went 9-7 and 6-10 before ditching the franchise for Alabama after insisting he would not do that.More news: Motorola presents new mod to check vital signs
Now after steering the Crimson Tide to their fifth national championship since the 2009 season, Saban has etched his name among college football's greatest coaches. Payne, the third-highest-rated draft-eligible defensive tackle according to ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr., said, "I really just want to take it slow and just talk to my family first".
While Saban's enormous success at the collegiate level is often connected to his proficiency in recruiting, his raw coaching ability and star power will make him a hot commodity should he ever open himself back up to coaching in the NFL.
The Giants have interviewed five candidates for their vacancy and will meet with a sixth Wednesday.
The Giants' season was defined by injuries to wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., among others, before longtime quarterback Eli Manning was briefly benched in November so the team could evaluate backup Geno Smith. "I don't like it", Collins said.More news: Teacher handcuffed after questioning superintendent's $38000 raise during school meeting
- Agency says it will hold 'parties accountable' for JFK airport flood
- Microsoft and Qualcomm partner to boost Cortana adoption
- South Korean Officials Head to Border for Talks With North
- Interior Secretary Zinke: Florida Offshore Oil Drilling Is 'Off The Table'
- Google, Twitter face new lawsuits alleging discrimination against conservative voices
- Asuka Has A Surprising Partner For Mixed Match Challenge
- Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Breathing Issues
- Mothercare 12 week sales till Dec 2017 decline 7.2%
- Madrasas produce terrorists, says Shia Central Waqf Board chief; demands ban
- Retail stocks trading mixed after FDI move