Toyota also says it is prepared to invest $1 billion in the development of the self-driving technology needed to power the e-Palette.
At the event, Toyota unveiled designs of the self-driving concept vehicle called e-Palette which could potentially have pizzas delivered in autonomous vehicles in the near future.
Unveiled at CES, the new e-Palette Alliance will leverage Toyota's proprietary Mobility Services Platform (MSPF) to develop a suite of connected mobility solutions and a flexible, purpose-built vehicle. "With Toyota, we are excited to be partnering with an undisputed leader in human mobility with a reputation for innovation, reliability and efficiency, as we define the pizza delivery experience of the future".More news: Ant-Man's Michael Douglas Involved With Sexual Harassment Claims
"This announcement marks a major step forward in our evolution towards sustainable mobility, demonstrating our continued expansion beyond traditional cars and trucks to the creation of new values including services for customers", said Toyota President Akio Toyoda in a statement.
The move comes close on the heels of Domino's testing of its own self-driving vehicles launched in September previous year - in partnership with Ford.More news: INEC releases Timetabe for 2019 General Election
Along with working together on autonomous delivery solutions, the companies will immediately begin working on plans to improve the existing driver/delivery ecosystem.
The alliance already has the support of US-based e-commerce company Amazon, ride-share companies DiDi and Uber, automotive manufacturer Mazda, and restaurant chain Pizza Hut. Toyota's e-Palette concept is essentially an autonomous, electric bus that can be customized for different needs besides just moving passengers from one destination to the next. PHDV is responsible for the new web and App experience in the United Kingdom.More news: HTC announces VIVE Pro VR headset at CES 2018
- Ibaka, Johnson ejected in Raptors' loss to Heat
- The Weeknd distances himself from H&M after monkey sweatshirt row
- Giants' Landon Collins: Bill Belichick's style isn't what organization wants
- Warren Buffett successor? Berkshire Hathaway CEO elevates two potential contenders
- Manchester United reach agreement with Paris Saint Germain to sign Lucas Moura
- SC Modifies Order, Now National Anthem not Mandatory in Cinemas
- Lukaku transfer was ´voodoo´ - Moshiri makes bizarre claim over striker´s Everton exit
- SanDisk unveils world's smallest 1TB USB flash drive at CES 2018
- Zuma appoints commission of inquiry into state capture
- Millie Bobby Brown to Play Sherlock Holmes' Sister Enola Holmes