Toyota also says it is prepared to invest $1 billion in the development of the self-driving technology needed to power the e-Palette.
At the event, Toyota unveiled designs of the self-driving concept vehicle called e-Palette which could potentially have pizzas delivered in autonomous vehicles in the near future.
Unveiled at CES, the new e-Palette Alliance will leverage Toyota's proprietary Mobility Services Platform (MSPF) to develop a suite of connected mobility solutions and a flexible, purpose-built vehicle. "With Toyota, we are excited to be partnering with an undisputed leader in human mobility with a reputation for innovation, reliability and efficiency, as we define the pizza delivery experience of the future".More news: Just 1 Cigarette can trigger smoking addiction, says study
"This announcement marks a major step forward in our evolution towards sustainable mobility, demonstrating our continued expansion beyond traditional cars and trucks to the creation of new values including services for customers", said Toyota President Akio Toyoda in a statement.
The move comes close on the heels of Domino's testing of its own self-driving vehicles launched in September previous year - in partnership with Ford.More news: LG 65-Inch UHD Rollable OLED, 88-Inch 8K OLED Display Showcased
Along with working together on autonomous delivery solutions, the companies will immediately begin working on plans to improve the existing driver/delivery ecosystem.
The alliance already has the support of US-based e-commerce company Amazon, ride-share companies DiDi and Uber, automotive manufacturer Mazda, and restaurant chain Pizza Hut. Toyota's e-Palette concept is essentially an autonomous, electric bus that can be customized for different needs besides just moving passengers from one destination to the next. PHDV is responsible for the new web and App experience in the United Kingdom.More news: HTC announces VIVE Pro VR headset at CES 2018
- Google, Twitter face new lawsuits alleging discrimination against conservative voices
- Ex-engineer sues Google for discriminating against conservative white males
- Ibaka, Johnson ejected in Raptors' loss to Heat
- Zuma appoints commission of inquiry into state capture
- Millie Bobby Brown to Play Sherlock Holmes' Sister Enola Holmes
- Teacher handcuffed after questioning superintendent's $38000 raise during school meeting
- Up to 64 migrants drown in weekend sinking off Libya: NGOs
- The Weeknd distances himself from H&M after monkey sweatshirt row
- Krrish 4 to release in Christmas 2020: Rakesh Roshan
- Tesla finally begins production of its high-tech solar roofs