The judge announced from the bench that the case was "discontinued".
In a statement to the New York Daily News, Abedin's attorney said that's what's happening, for the sake of their 6-year-old son.
The Daily News report notes that the couple can now re-file their divorce as uncontested.More news: IKEA asks women to pee on new advertisement
Weiner pleaded guilty to sending obscene material to a minor and was required to register as a sex offender.
Weiner was sentenced to prison for 21 months in November previous year. Both Huma and Weiner signed the docs.
After a failed attempt to run for mayor of NY unveiled another set of explicit images in 2013, Weiner withdrew from the public and politics until August 2017, when his messages with the teenaged girl came to light.More news: Puel demands Leicester striker Iheanacho 'improve aspects of his play'
"In order to ensure the proceedings have a minimal impact on their child, the parties have made a decision to finalize their divorce swiftly and privately", Abedin attorney Charles Miller said in a statement.
"To guarantee the procedures minimally affect their tyke, the gatherings have chosen to conclude their separation quickly and secretly", Charles Miller, a lawyer for Abedin, said in an announcement.
The couple's divorce followed years of scandal, during which Weiner admitted to engaging in illicit relations with several women and one teenage girl after their communications were published by gossip sites and news outlets. Her original filing in May 2017 labeled the case as "contested", implying there was a dispute.More news: Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell fired, reports say
- Flying Philander leads Proteas to first test victory over India
- CES 2018: Vivo Demonstrates In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology
- Lenovo mixes smartphone features into its all-day Miix 630
- Sets 'Record Straight' Following Catt Sadler's Claims Of Wage Disparity
- Man takes poison at BJP office, dies
- How Many Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:HR)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Another Jawaharlal Nehru University student goes missing
- U.S. and Britain fail to cause Iran unrest
- Class X, XII CBSE exams to start on March 5
- Alabama WR Calvin Ridley to enter National Football League draft