The judge announced from the bench that the case was "discontinued".
In a statement to the New York Daily News, Abedin's attorney said that's what's happening, for the sake of their 6-year-old son.
The Daily News report notes that the couple can now re-file their divorce as uncontested.More news: Body found in Borrego Park identified as missing college student
Weiner pleaded guilty to sending obscene material to a minor and was required to register as a sex offender.
Weiner was sentenced to prison for 21 months in November previous year. Both Huma and Weiner signed the docs.
After a failed attempt to run for mayor of NY unveiled another set of explicit images in 2013, Weiner withdrew from the public and politics until August 2017, when his messages with the teenaged girl came to light.More news: Sets 'Record Straight' Following Catt Sadler's Claims Of Wage Disparity
"In order to ensure the proceedings have a minimal impact on their child, the parties have made a decision to finalize their divorce swiftly and privately", Abedin attorney Charles Miller said in a statement.
"To guarantee the procedures minimally affect their tyke, the gatherings have chosen to conclude their separation quickly and secretly", Charles Miller, a lawyer for Abedin, said in an announcement.
The couple's divorce followed years of scandal, during which Weiner admitted to engaging in illicit relations with several women and one teenage girl after their communications were published by gossip sites and news outlets. Her original filing in May 2017 labeled the case as "contested", implying there was a dispute.More news: IKEA asks women to pee on new advertisement
- Man takes poison at BJP office, dies
- IPhone battery catches fire in Zurich store: Apple Genius suffers burns
- Harvey Weinstein slapped in face, cursed out at restaurant
- Divided US Supreme Court may allow OH voter purge policy
- Kamala Mills fire: Accused Sanghvi brothers detained in Mumbai
- Class X, XII CBSE exams to start on March 5
- New York City Is Suing Major Oil Companies Over Climate Change
- Call of Duty: WWII's New Nazi Zombies Map Revealed in Latest Trailer
- SC seeks response from Centre over morning prayers in Kendra Vidyalayas
- OJ Simpson pinned down: Are you Khloe Kardashian's poppa?