Jain, pursuing PhD from the IGNOU under the supervision of a JNU professor, used to attend lab number 408 at the JNU's School of Life Sciences.
Police on Wednesday clarified that missing research scholar Mukul Jain was a former student of Jawaharlal Nehru University and was no more enrolled with the varsity.
Earlier in the day, police had said, Jain was a student of the JNU.More news: Man takes poison at BJP office, dies
IGNOU's research unit director Kaustuva Barik confirmed that the student was registered with IGNOU. "We will offer all kind of assistance needed (to trace him)", Barik said.
Police say that Jain's family members had approached them on Monday evening to register a complaint after he did not receive their phone calls. It is suspected that he was having some problems in his relationship, as per sources.
The police, however, do not suspect any foul play.More news: Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell fired, reports say
Najeeb Ahmed, also a JNU student, went missing from the Mahi-Mandvi hostel of the university on October 15, 2016 following a scuffle with some other students, allegedly affiliated to the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad the previous night.
Photographs of Mukul Jain were circulated on social media, in an attempt to help locate the youth, although Najeeb Ahmed is still yet to be found after almost 2 years. An investigation has been initiated by Delhi Police to find out his whereabouts.More news: How Many Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:HR)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- IKEA asks women to pee on new advertisement
- Bills GM thinks Incognito accusation involved a 'misunderstanding'
- Parineeti Chopra signed opposite Akshay Kumar for Karan Johar's Kesari
- Pastor Gets Standing Ovation For Confessing To 'Sexual Incident' With Teenager
- Class X, XII CBSE exams to start on March 5
- OJ Simpson pinned down: Are you Khloe Kardashian's poppa?
- Celine Dion Continuing to Cancel Shows Due to Throat Infection
- Divided US Supreme Court may allow OH voter purge policy
- Call of Duty: WWII's New Nazi Zombies Map Revealed in Latest Trailer
- Sevilla and Man United in ticketing row ahead of Champions League match