A winning ticket for the $559.7 million Powerball jackpot was sold at a Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, New Hampshire, according to Maura McCann, a spokeswoman with the New Hampshire Lottery. On July 30, 2016, a $487 million winning ticket was sold in Raymond.
The winning numbers were 12-29-30-33-61 for the white balls and 26 for the red Powerball. If the victor or winners opt for the cash option, it would be $358.5 million. The biggest Mega Millions jackpot was $656 million in March 2012, also split three ways.
As of Sunday morning, the grand prize victor had not yet come forward.
One Powerball ticket purchased in New Hampshire matched all six numbers for Saturday's estimated $570 million jackpot drawing, the fifth largest grand prize in the game's 15-year history, lottery officials said. The identity of that victor also had not yet been revealed.More news: Greta Gerwig's Lady Bird wins best musical or comedy at Golden Globes
New Hampshire Lottery Executive Director Charlie McIntyre says someone woke up a multimillionaire today.
The store will receive a $75,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket.
It also marks the second massive lottery prize to be sold to a New Hampshire player in just a year and a half.
The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot are one in 302.5 million. Numbers for the jackpot will be drawn at 9:59 p.m. Saturday night.More news: SC to review Constitutional validity of section 377, seeks reply from Centre
The winning Mega Millions ticket in Florida was purchased at a 7-Eleven convenience store in the small central town of Port Richey.
A Powerball victor may choose to receive the jackpot in 30 annual payments or a one-time, lump-sum cash payment. The odds of winning the Powerball are one in 292.2 million.
It won't be known until later whether there is a victor from the numbers drawn Saturday.More news: Samsung just announced a 146-inch modular TV
- Three Billboards wins best screenplay at Golden Globes
- Aggie, sports reporter missing; texted that she was being followed in Houston
- LG's 65-Inch OLED TV Can Be Rolled Up, Hidden Away
- Laura Dern Wins Best Supporting Actress for 'Big Little Lies — Golden Globes
- Johnson grabs lead in Tournament of Champions
- Mueller looks deeper into talk at Trump Tower
- Rahul Gandhi's first visit to Bahrain as Congress Chief
- The Handmaid's Tale wins Golden Globe for best drama series
- Emma Watson & Marai Larasi Bring Their Voices To The Golden Globes
- Baidu and ZF tap Nvidia Drive for self-driving compute tech