Gaming Disorder will be added to the official list of diseases by WHO. "The pattern of gaming behavior may be continuous or episodic and recurrent", the description of the disorder continued.
Play too many video games?
Another red flag is when someone chooses games over other interests in life and keeps playing despite negative consequences.More news: Geely Buys 8.2 Percent Stake in Volvo Truck Company
This means that health care workers and doctors will be able to diagnose someone with the condition.
There has been much debate over the years regarding whether or not video game addiction is a real thing, with this new classification acknowledging that obsessive gaming is a medically treatable disorder.
Gaming only becomes a problem when it causes "impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning", the World Health Organization said.More news: Russian Federation defends idea of Syria peace congress in Sochi
A final decision on including "gaming disorder" as a mental health disorder has not been made.
There are many other studies leading up to the ICD-11 classification of gaming disorder that demonstrates a correlation between high-frequency of video gaming behavior, impulsivity, and attention problems.More news: Michael Jackson's Three Kids Pose Together in Rare Photo
- International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) Shares Dip Under Moving Averages
- Obama edges out Trump as most-admired man
- What Prince Harry asked Obama: Boxers or briefs? Khloe or Kim?
- John Dorsey Reportedly Said He Would 'Stay Away' from Josh Rosen
- Phoenix Police: Child Bent in Half by Father Dies
- Texas man shames thief who stole holiday yard decorations
- Spurs honoring military with new 'camouflage-patterned' jerseys
- 'There is no place for Assad in future Syria' - Erdogan
- Is Surveen Chawla secretly married?
- Arsene Wenger explains key hold up in contract talks for star man