Help is here if you had some gifts go wrong this Christmas.
According to the National Retail Federation, almost two-thirds of shoppers returned an item previous year.
Nordstrom doesn't really have a return policy.
And that's okay, people can't always get it right. Places like Best Buy and Sears have restocking fees.More news: It would be morally wrong to block Dembele move — Brendan Rodgers
If you have a return, check the store's website so you understand the policy ahead of time.
The Dunmore woman offered tips to avoid any shopping stress when making those exchanges.
Bring a receipt. Having the receipt will make the exchange much less stressful, they said. Items bought with other credit cards or after the 12-month time frame will get you a store credit or a corporate-issued refund. No receipts are required, no time limits, no original tags needed, except for special-occasion dresses.The following retailers have less liberal return policies, most often requiring a receipt and affixing a shorter time limit, according to Consumer Reports:Apple Store. You'll get a confirmation email, and the gift card credit will be added to your account.
Online stores may not refund shipping fees. One exception to returns: Premium electronics must be returned within 30 days in original packaging, though if purchased through December 25, you have until January 31 to return.Nordstrom.More news: Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) Stock Price -1.08% away from 20 SMA
Finally, if you have a gift that you just don't know where it's from, you might be in luck if it has a barcode.
Don't open the box. Do you need to have the gift receipt? Some merchants charge a restocking fee for returns of electronics products or large-ticket items. This usually only applies to big-ticket items like electronics or appliances - and only if they've been opened. It's time to think: holiday returns! Close to 40-percent of people who are doing their post-holiday returns will do it either today or tomorrow.
Try to go early, when the store has just opened and it's not busy yet. Most require at least a gift receipt. With a gift receipt, you can only exchange or get store credit.
Amazon's return policy is a little tricky because it is primarily a market for third-party sellers.More news: Kulbhushan Jadhav 'meets' wife, mother through a glass screen
- White nationalists create memorial for Justine Rusczyzk outside police station
- Alibaba Group (BABA) Receives "Buy" Rating from Stifel Nicolaus
- Time Warner Inc. (TWX)- Consumer Goods stock Analysis Review
- Liverpool Thrash Swansea, Return To EPL Top Four
- North Korea says new sanctions imposed by United Nations are 'declaration of war'
- Arsenal to contemplate bids of £35 million for Alexis Sanchez
- Trumps Wish the World a Merry Christmas from the White House
- Steelers cut all-time sacks leader Harrison
- County Treasurer answers questions about pre-payment of property taxes
- (NASDAQ:SBUX) Shares Sold by Shell Asset Management Co