Police have arrested a man on suspicion of murder after a woman was stabbed to death whilst shopping in an Aldi supermarket in Yorkshire.
Shoppers and staff detained the suspect before police arrived.
Police said on Thursday evening they had arrested a 44-year-old local man on suspicion of murder.
Another customer said she had seen the Aldi employee earlier that day wearing a Christmas jumper on shift. "All the staff were racing about not knowing what to do", she said.More news: Resumption of Active Stocks to Gainer: Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA)
North Yorkshire Police have not named the man charged with Mrs Willsher's murder. Her cousin Chris Swales posted on social media: "We lost a handsome, fun-loving and caring person". You weren't just my cousin Jodie, you were like the sister I never had and now I'm broken you've gone.
Police vans arrived on scene within minutes, she added. You were one of a kind, and you will definitely be the brightest star shining in the sky!
Authorities confirmed that the incident was not terror-related or believed to be a hate crime.
"The whole town is in shock and grieving over the loss of Jodie".More news: Police, bomb squad respond to emergency situation at Lambeau Field
The 30-year-old mother suffered multiple serious injuries and was taken by ambulance to Airedale General Hospital for emergency treatment but medics were unable to save her.
"Skipton is a small but close-knit community where most people know each other", said Skipton's mayor, Andy Rankine. "Christmas this year will an ordeal for many residents", he said.
A spokesman for the force said officers were assisting the victim's family.
"The woman's family are being supported by police officers while enquiries continue".More news: Mauricio Pochettino Discusses His Plans For The January Transfer Window
Yesterday her family and friends paid tribute to the "a lovely, fun-loving and caring person" and the "lass that was one in a million" as other messages of condolence to her husband, Malcolm, 36, and their daughter Megan, 5, flooded social media.
- Jimmy Choos's 'cat-calling' ad sparks outrage on Twitter
- U.S. recognizes disputed Honduras election results
- Colgate Palmolive (CL) Holder Zevin Asset Management LLC Cut Holding
- Man United League Cup defense ended by 2nd-tier Bristol City
- Analyst's Predictions on CSX Corporation (CSX), Exelixis, Inc. (EXEL)
- How to see which Russia-backed links you 'liked' on Facebook
- Amazon 10.or D launched; here's everything about its price and specs
- Smoke alarm causes early-morning delays at Dallas Love Field
- Elizabeth Vargas leaving ABC News after 2 decades
- Hot Tickers: Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (SWKS), Eli Lilly and Company (LLY)