The Dutchman was sacked previous year after the United supporters grew frustrated with the style he was implementing at Old Trafford.
A year-and-a-half after being replaced by Man Utd manager by Jose Mourinho, the Dutchman is still a little bit raw about how departure from Old Trafford occurred.
Former Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has said he'd only come out of retirement if he were given the opportunity to "get one over" on his old team by taking charge of one of their rivals.More news: Couple Spotted Enjoying Date Night in Seattle
"I would make one exception - if a big English club comes for me, than I would do it".
But despite not being desperate to get back into the game, the Dutchman is still disappointed about how his tenure at Manchester United came to a close, but has insisted he feels no grudge against Mourinho.
"If I do, it must be a big English club, just to spite Manchester United".More news: Google Now Let's Users to Mute Autoplay Videos in Chrome
Despite the historical success achieved throughout his managerial career, however, the chances of any of the remaining top six clubs turning to Van Gaal even if they do find themselves managerless would be remote, such was the rampant criticism directed towards him during his reign at Old Trafford.
The former Bayern Munich and Barcelona boss also ruled himself out of the running at Everton, before Sam Allardyce took charge at Goodison Park, and he has now admitted he's unlikely to continue in club management.
'Because then I can get the chance to get one over on Manchester United'.More news: Ozil volley gives Arsenal 1-0 win over Newcastle
"I have more problems with the CEO, Ed Woodward".
- Hennessy Advisors Inc. Sells 3660 Shares of International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- Reggie Bush announces retirement from National Football League , wants to retire as a Saint
- Apple hikes the price of iPhone models
- Microsoft Surprises Nine-year-old Who Gave Up Xbox To Donate Blankets
- Mozilla Sneaks Mr Robot Firefox Plugin In Firefox
- Google updates guidelines to purge news that hide country of origin
- Amazon Prime could face investigation over delivery complaints
- Donald Trump thanks Russia's Vladimir Putin for praising American economy
- India among first markets in Toyota's global EV launch plans
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) EPS Estimated At $0.47