The prince and Ms. Markle announced their engagement November 27. and the month of the wedding had been confirmed earlier, along with the location: The two are to be Wednesday in St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.
The date breaks with tradition as royal weddings usually take place on a weekday - the Queen Wednesday on a Thursday and the Duke of Cambridge on a Friday.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have set a date for their spring wedding, announcing they will say "I do" on May 19, 2018. "Saturday 19 May promises to be a wonderful day with such a special royal occasion being followed by English football's showpiece event, The Emirates FA Cup Final".More news: Star Wars fans are already rebelling against The Last Jedi
Markle, 36, has shown off a three-stone yellow-gold engagement ring, designed by Harry, 33, himself with a diamond from Botswana plus two diamonds taken from the personal collection of his later mother, Princess Diana.
May 19 has been in Prince William's diary for a long time.
The plans present something of a conflict, however, for Prince Harry's older brother, Prince William.More news: (SCG) Stake Decreased by Institutional & Family Asset Management LLC
Check out this adorable video of the pair in their first joint interview!
The royal family will also pay for the festivities.
Windsor Castle - the largest inhabited castle in the world - is located 20 miles west of London and is one of Queen Elizabeth II's residences where she spends about a month around Easter.More news: Austrian party founded by ex-Nazis enters coalition government
"Everyone at The FA is delighted for HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with the announcement of their wedding at Windsor Castle next year", the FA statement continued. The 15th-century chapel is as historic but more intimate than Westminster Abbey, where William married Kate Middleton in 2011.
- 3 children and 1 adult killed in Brooklyn house fire: FDNY
- Scarlett Johansson makes flawless return as Ivanka Trump on 'SNL'
- McKellen wants to play Gandalf in Lord of the Rings TV show
- Results show people's faith in agenda of development: Vijay Rupani
- AE reform's 'lethargic' pace to create 'lost generation' - Steve Webb
- Phil Taylor beats Chris Dobey in first round of World Darts Championship
- Thales' 4.8 billion-euro bid for Gemalto gets thumbs up from investors
- Gbajabiamila backs govs over plan to fund N/East insurgency with $1bn
- SHINee's Jonghyun dead at 27
- Hershey to Acquire Amplify Snack Brands in Cash Deal