"It was made in Iran then sent to Houthi militants in Yemen", Haley said.
US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley points to previously classified missile segments she says prove Iran violated UN Security Council Resolution 2231 by providing the Houthi rebels in Yemen with arms, during a press conference at Joint Base Anacostia in Washington, DC, on December 14, 2017.
In a statement released, Iran's United Nations mission categorically dismissed Haley's claim as "unfounded" and said, "This purported evidence.is as much fabricated as the one presented on some other occasions earlier".
Yemeni forces regularly fire ballistic missile at positions inside Saudi Arabia in retaliation for Saudi military strikes on Yemen. Are we sure we're not letting ourselves get dragged into an ill-advised Saudi scheme for a decisive confrontation with their regional rival?More news: GOP releases its final tax plan - here's what's in it
"The Yemeni crisis has a political solution only and nobody buys the thread-bare shows of U.S. and Saudi Arabia", noted the Iranian diplomat.
In a tweet earlier on Thursday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had likened Haley's speech to former US Secretary of State Colin Powell's claim in 2003 that Iraq possessed WMD.
Tehran rejected the allegations as "provocative and baseless", saying the Yemenis had shown an "independent" reaction to the Saudi bombing campaign on their country.
With the support of their Cold War allies, Saudi Arabia and Iran have been engaged in a regional cold war of their own for some time, which has had few benefits for either side but has resulted in a tremendous amount of death and suffering throughout the Middle East.More news: Henson Confirms Her 2-Year Romance: "I'm Very, Very Happy!"
The Saudi-led war, which has been accompanied by a naval and aerial blockade on Yemen, has so far killed over 12,000 people and led to a humanitarian crisis as well as a deadly cholera outbreak. Haley said the USA meant to "build a coalition to really push back against Iran"-but is it a coalition of the willing?"
"The show fabricated by U.S. and Saudi Arabia was a political fiasco", he said. Now that ISIS is on the retreat in Iraq, U.S. diplomacy there is shifting toward a new priority: containing Iranian influence.
France's foreign minister is due in Washington on Monday to in part to discuss Iran and will travel to Tehran at the start of January.More news: West Ham players face massive pay-cuts if relegated
- Alan Pardew: 'West Bromwich Albion are showing ambition'
- Pence Delays Trip to Preside Over Senate Tax Vote
- BB&T Securities LLC Sells 4092 Shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO)
- GST Council approves e-Way Bill mechanism for movement of goods
- China sidesteps blame over South Korean journalist's beating
- Mirwaiz detained for defying house arrest
- Manchester City vs. Tottenham: Premier League highlights and recap
- White House banning several words and phrases from CDC's next budget report
- Mauricio Pochettino: Winter schedule can help newer Tottenham players
- Volume Upswings Under Analysis: Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX)