Karnataka Home Minister Ramalinga Reddy on Friday said that no permission has been granted to Bollywood actress Sunny Leone's New Year event in Bengaluru on December 31 due to opposition from different groups.
"We have denied permission fearing law and order problems in the wake of protests by pro-Kannada outfits and also keeping in view the directions of the Karnataka high court in a molestation case reported on MG Road last New Year's Eve", said home minister R Ramalinga Reddy.
Sunny Leone became a popular celebrity in India since her appearance on the reality show Bigg Boss. "We will not hesitate to commit suicide on December 31". Though, the Karnataka Rakshana Vedike Yuva Sene protesting against the actress looks like Ragini MMS 2 star will not be able to perform in one of her favorite cities. They protested against Sunny Leone's performance in Bengaluru on New Year Eve.More news: Rudy Gobert leaves game with left knee injury
The pro-Kannada activists alleged that such events in the city posed a threat to Kannada culture. The event was titled as Sunny Night in Bangalore NYE 2018.
Harish praised the decision of the government and told PTI, "It is a victory for us".
The demonstrators, wearing black ribbons around their head, set ablaze posters of Sunny at Manyata Tech Park, where the New Year bash has been scheduled to take place. "We know what kind of clothes she wears and what kind of movies she acts in".More news: Brown Advisory Inc. Sells 1170229 Shares of NXP Semiconductors NV (NASDAQ:NXPI)
The members of the fringe groups said they had no issues if she wore a saree for her performance. The organizer said that he himself is a Kannada people and he has ensured that the standard of the show is a representative of Bengaluru's culture.
Sunny Leone is as much of a controversial figure as she is a fan-favourite actress in India. "I don't know what the protesters are expecting or what they think; this is a family show where the culture of the state won't be disturbed".More news: White House Denies Reports That Paul Ryan Will Leave Congress
- Ryanair to Recognize Pilot Unions to Avert Christmas Strike
- After Yuvraj, another Indian smashes six sixes in an over !!
- United States and Saudi Arabia arms in ISIS hands?
- Opposition queries not addressed at all-party meet: Kharge
- Unlikely dance star Gemma Atkinson is one step away from Strictly title
- 'Merry Christmas' greeting? Half of Americans don't care
- Leicester City vs Crystal Palace 16 December 2017: EPL Preview and Predictions
- GST Council approves e-Way Bill mechanism for movement of goods
- You Must Be A Woman To Present The SAG Awards This Year
- Mirwaiz detained for defying house arrest