Bungie announced in its final blog update for 2017 that The Dawning, a festive event with snowball fights, gifts, Mayhem mode in the Crucible, and Dawning-themed engrams and exotics, will begin next week. If you never played them in the original Destiny, Mayhem means your abilities recharge super fast and all of the point values are boosted for quick, deadly matches.
Destiny 2's The Dawning will run from Tuesday, Dec. 19 through Tuesday, Jan. 9, on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.
You can see what we got in The Dawning in previous years below - how much will return in a brnad new game? This is the same day that the Destiny 2 weekly reset occurs, so it makes sense that the Dawning event will begin right around 9am PST/12 pm EST, when the reset takes place.More news: Alphabet's moonshot factory Google X sells wireless internet technology to Andhra Pradesh
Guardians aren't just arming themselves with weapons. "Our Light has returned-and it illuminates everything around us". There are snowball piles everywhere you look. The snowballs will also appear in Strikes, which can stun enemies when thrown and "deal big damage".
"Engage in Crucible Mayhem or become legend in Strikes and you'll be rewarded". Every week, complete a milestone for a Dawning engram. Further still, the Eververse store will refresh every week so you'll have multiple opportunities to pick up the themed ships, ghosts, sparrows, and emotes during the three-week event.
As for when the Dawning event will draw to a close, the event is now due to end on January 9, giving you right around four weeks in total to obtain all the new items in the event (which we'll get onto further down).More news: Marijuana charges against UGA linebacker dropped
Destiny: Fall of Osiris will detail his back story, putting to the page how Osiris went "from hero to traitor".
The fun doesn't stop there: the Tower and Farm will be decorated with signature holiday-themed cheer, and players will note the ability to give and receive gifts by snatching up the Dawning Gift Schematic from the Bazaar.
Guardians are encouraged to enjoy the changing weather by participating in snowball fights, a feature that was often requested during last year's event. Then, give the lucky recipient their gift and receive a gift in return.More news: Most Active Volume Stock: Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK)
- €100m Griezmann given green light to leave Atletico Madrid
- Poroshenko welcomes extension of European Union sanctions against Russian Federation
- Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE) Declines 0.05% for Dec 14
- Adrian Peterson Reportedly Headed To IR
- India Disappointed, Rajkumar Rao's Newton Out Of Oscar Race
- Mark Price fired by Charlotte barely into third season
- Jimmy Kimmel teams up with infant son Billy for emotional healthcare plea
- Samsung Galaxy S9 will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress, New Report
- EC says submarine commissioning event not in model code ambit
- Los Angeles Lakers vs Cleveland Cavaliers recap and highlights