"iMac Pro combines the incredible design of the iMac with the most powerful workstation architecture we've ever built", said John Ternus, Vice President of Hardware Engineering at Apple. "IMac is the most popular desktop for our pro users due to its awesome display and elegant design, so we completely re-engineered it to deliver performance far beyond what anyone thought possible in an all-in-one".
Just released, Final Cut Pro X (Version 10.4) now offers editors 360-degree VR video editing capabilities, advanced color grading tools and support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video.
- 3-D designers can visualise huge 3-D models and render scenes up to 3.4 times faster.
Developers can run multiple virtual machines and test environments, and compile code up to 2.4 times faster.More news: Watch the Exact Moment Robin Roberts Slammed Omarosa on 'Good Morning America'
- Scientists and researchers can manipulate massive data sets and complex simulations, visualising data up to 5 times faster.
The 10-core Xeon processor delivers more performance than the 8-core processor, with a higher Turbo Boost speed of 4.5GHz. For the base iMac Pro, it comes with a 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor, 32GB of DDR4 ECC RAM, 1TB SSD and Radeon Pro Vega 56 with 8GB HBM2 memory. Compressor also lets users export HEVC and HDR video, while adding a range of new options for delivering MXF files. Dedicated AES hardware encrypts data on the SSD without affecting performance, while secure boot ensures that only trusted software loads at startup.
With the iMac Pro now on sale in Australia, that information is available, and predictably, it's not cheap.
If our exclamation points aren't giving it away, that is a tremendous amount of computing power in a 27 inch design, though it's one that will need the right software to take advantage of.More news: Why isn't The Great American Baking Show on tonight, December 14?
Now, professional editors can create VR content with the ability to import, edit and deliver 360-degree video on Apple devices and can also view the project in real time through a connected HTC VIVE headset with SteamVR.
Apple has announced a major update to its professional video editing app, Final Cut Pro X.
The users can also add special effects like 360-degree titles in 2D or 3D, apply blurs, glows and other immersive effects; and use visual controls to straighten horizons or remove camera rigs from equirectangular (map projection) videos. Standard photos and videos can also be added to VR projects and 360-degree video can be shared directly to popular websites including YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo. This is the first time that the tech company has sold its own version of the cable. Those looking to get their hands on the new Thunderbolt 3 cable from AAPL will spend $40. However, before you order, you should know that the iMac Pro can't be upgraded once it's purchased.More news: Cow Ditches Nativity Scene, Wanders Philly Instead
- Pak SC rejects petition seeking disqualification of Imran Khan
- Danielle Wyatt trolled by England teammate after Virat Kohli married Anushka Sharma
- Browns new GM blasts old regime - and current players
- Merriam-Webster dictionary : "feminism" word of the year
- Thomas Fire: Firefighter killed while battling blaze in Southern California
- How Insiders and Institutions are Trading Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ)
- President Trump Is Sending NASA Back To The Moon
- Pep Guardiola and Mohamed Salah win Premier League monthly awards
- Is UBS' Wealth Head Set to Depart?
- Shelton Capital Management Trims Position in Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB)