Embattled Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) will not run for re-election, according to multiple reports. Michael Rekola, Greene's replacement as communications director, claims what put him over the edge and forced him to resign was Farenthold telling him, a few weeks before his wedding, "Better have your fiancée blow you before she walks down the aisle - it will be the last time". In an email to a top aide to GOP Rep. Susan Brooks of IN, the chairwoman of the Ethics panel, Rekola wrote that he wished to provide the committee "examples of sexually inappropriate comments" that Farenthold made, and speak about the congressman's "emotionally damaging" and "intimidating" actions.
Farenthold's office didn't immediately respond to a request for commet from NBC News.More news: Disney and Fox Deal Could Be Finalized As Soon As Thursday
Rep. Blake Farenthold on Capitol Hill.
The House Ethics Committee is investigating the allegations.More news: NY police report blast near Times Square
Farenthold would not confirm that the $84,000 payment, from a Treasury Department fund used to settle workplace complaints against lawmakers, was from his office. The congressman later said he would would pay the government back the money.
Fellow Texas Rep. Roger Williams endorsed one of Farenthold's most prominent primary challengers, former Texas Water Development Board Chairman Bech Bruun, on Wednesday.More news: Trump Just Signed Mandatory Drone Registration Back Into Law
Farenthold was sued in 2014 by another former staffer for his overt sexual harassment, including allegations that Farenthold told her he had "wet dreams" about her and once joked that she had a semen stain on her clothing in the office.
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 8B Spoilers: Teaser Reveals Grieving Rick
- Honor 7X Review | The Upgrade to Your Honor 6X
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" by ValuEngine
- Olivier Giroud A First Team Player For Me - Arsene Wenger
- Japan says it and United States share stance pressure needed on North Korea
- Americafirst Capital Management LLC Takes Position in Danaher Co. (DHR)
- Insider Trading in Focus: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- Trump praises deal on GOP tax cuts
- 'Super-Size Me' Director Morgan Spurlock Admits to History of Sexual Misconduct
- Report finds that more schools get top Ofsted marks