Anyone who recognizes Smith or has any information on this incident should call the Detroit Police Homicide at 313-596-2260 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.
Michigan State Police officials say they now believe four shootings on Detroit's freeway system are linked to the same suspect or suspects.
Michigan State Police said detectives were interviewing a person from Southfield who said her auto was struck by gunfire Thursday on I-94 and French Road during the same timeframe as the other three shootings.More news: Bears Snap Losing Streak With Big Win Over Bengals
According to the Associated Press, MSP said the same gray or silver sedan was seen near two of the first three reported shootings Thursday morning. Police say the drivers weren't injured, but their vehicles were struck.
The woman said the incident occurred around the same three other freeway shootings happened.
One shooting was along Interstate 94 near Gratiot Avenue, leaving a driver with a leg wound.More news: Thousands of Indonesians rally at US Embassy over Trump's Jerusalem move
Shortly after that, a Northville man driving home from work was shot at on Westbound I-96 and Davidson.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this.More news: NIKE, Inc. (NKE) Analysts See $0.39 EPS
- Alan Trammell Wins Long Overdue Election To Hall Of Fame
- Canadian Nobel laureate, Hiroshima survivor urges world to ban nukes
- Carson Wentz ruled out for final quarter of pivotal game against Rams
- Boothbay Fund Management LLC Raises Position in Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (PTEN)
- Home Invasion Suspect Fatally Shot By Homeowner Was Homeowner's Relative
- Broncos end eight-game losing streak behind defense
- 11 out of 12 NJ congressmen oppose GOP tax bill
- Will Kawhi return Tuesday vs. Dallas? No word from Spurs
- Browns take 21-7 lead into fourth
- Oppenheimer Comments on UnitedHealth Group Incorporated's FY2017 Earnings (NYSE:UNH)