Former president Asif Ali Zardari arrived at the Minhajul Quran Secretariat in Lahore on Thursday evening to hold a meeting with Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) chief Tahirul Qadri.
Hamza said no doubt that Model Town incident was a bad episode, but now the matter is in the court and justice should be done at all costs. "The force which was sent used unlawful means and they were there to drop bodies and not remove barriers", he said of the incident which took place on June 17, 2014, resulting in the death of 14 PAT workers.
"PPP stands with the affected people of Model Town", Zardari assured over the phone.More news: What's Next for Pfizer Inc. (PFE) After Forming Double Top Pattern?
However, people in Pakistan were surprised to see today's development - an alliance between Dr. Qadri and Asif Zardari - as the cleric is widely known for his past statements against the PPP leader.
While speaking on a private news channel on Thursday, Sanaullah said if the chief minister had to resign he would have done so around four years ago as "these people" make such demands every other morning. He recalled that PPP and PAT were on one page even against Musharraf in 2002. "However, in our meeting today, we will discuss ways to take the country out of the prevailing crises".
The PML-N Lahore Secretary Information Imran Ali Goraya and Political Secretary Kabeer Taaj were also present among many other party workers who chanted slogans and gave a warm welcome to Hamza Shahbaz in the Walled City.More news: Arsenal boss Wenger disagrees with Champions League system
Commenting on the Model Town Tribunal inquiry report, Shah said, "The report is public and now it is the task of the state institutions and the judiciary to look into it".
Addressing a joint press conference at the Minhajul Quran Secretariat in Lahore, Tahirul Qadri said that the Model Town enquiry report clearly indicated Shehbaz Sharif as a "murderer".
A day after the publication of the report, Tahirul Qadri warned that he would launch a protest movement against the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) if the culprits were not arrested. He promised to support the victims as well as the protest calls given by PAT.More news: College Football Playoff is an imperfect response to an unanswerable question
Earlier, Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) was given a certified copy of the Model Town judicial inquiry report.
- UN Syria Envoy to Assess Progress as Peace Talks Hang in Balance
- Best Ways To Keep your money save- Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ:WDC)
- Police arrest suspected gunman in Yosif Al-Haswani murder case
- Year-Old Doesn't Mince Words In Brutal Takedown Of Santa Claus
- Sage Therapeutics shares up 77% on hope for severe-depression treatment
- Lindsay Lohan Dishes on Whether She'll Move Back to the US
- Priyank's girlfriend Divya exposes him and Puneesh is happy
- 2 Brand New Game Worlds That No One Has Ever Seen Before
- Are Analysts Bullish Harley-Davidson, Inc
- Meek Mill is doing well in prison and smiling