Zuma said he also met with all the ANC presidential hopefuls last week where all agreed on the need to ensure unity‚ order and cohesion at the conference.
Cape Town - President Jacob Zuma on Friday responded to deputy Cyril Ramaphosa's statement that he believed the version of the woman who accused the president of rape more than a decade ago, with a terse reminder that he was acquitted by the high court.More news: Australia's biggest companies avoiding tax
During a radio interview with 702's Karima Brown, Ramaphosa was asked what his views were on the rape allegation that Khwezi Khuzwayo brought against Zuma in 2005. In 2006 Mr Zuma was found not guilty of raping Fezekile Kuzwayo - the daughter of an old family friend. "It must be the most hard decision a woman has to make.so yes, I would believe her".
"The appointment of Shaun Abrahams as the National Director of Public Prosecutions is reviewed, declared invalid and set aside", Judge President Dunstan Mlambo said at the Pretoria High Court. "Having evaluated the totality of the evidence, the court acquitted the President of the rape charges", the statement reads.More news: Bezel-less Sony Xperia Photos Leak Online
After Brown again put the question to him pointedly, Ramaphosa said he understood how hard it is for women to come forward with allegations of sexual violence.
Ramaphosa is one of two front-runners in a closely watched contest to take over from President Jacob Zuma as ANC leader at a party conference starting on December 16.More news: Alice Eve lands mystery role in Season 2 of Marvel's 'Iron Fist'
Khwezi‚ who was HIV-positive‚ went into exile after receiving death threats.
- DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale Increases Position in Accenture PLC
- Eminem Reveals "Revival" Album Art
- Get Rs 21000 Off On Google Pixel 2 Smartphone
- TGA 2017: From Software Next Game Teased With a Super Short Teaser
- Mata reveals that Ibrahimovic refers to himself as God at Manchester United
- Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) Position Increased by Nationwide Fund Advisors
- Jon Hamm Reportedly Wants to Steal Ben Affleck's Batman Role
- Former UNLV football coach Ron Meyer dies at 76
- Jet Airways Q2 net falls 91 per cent to Rs 49.36 crore
- California fire weather less dire than predicted