Zuma said he also met with all the ANC presidential hopefuls last week where all agreed on the need to ensure unity‚ order and cohesion at the conference.
Cape Town - President Jacob Zuma on Friday responded to deputy Cyril Ramaphosa's statement that he believed the version of the woman who accused the president of rape more than a decade ago, with a terse reminder that he was acquitted by the high court.More news: Jet Airways Q2 net falls 91 per cent to Rs 49.36 crore
During a radio interview with 702's Karima Brown, Ramaphosa was asked what his views were on the rape allegation that Khwezi Khuzwayo brought against Zuma in 2005. In 2006 Mr Zuma was found not guilty of raping Fezekile Kuzwayo - the daughter of an old family friend. "It must be the most hard decision a woman has to make.so yes, I would believe her".
"The appointment of Shaun Abrahams as the National Director of Public Prosecutions is reviewed, declared invalid and set aside", Judge President Dunstan Mlambo said at the Pretoria High Court. "Having evaluated the totality of the evidence, the court acquitted the President of the rape charges", the statement reads.More news: Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) Position Increased by Nationwide Fund Advisors
After Brown again put the question to him pointedly, Ramaphosa said he understood how hard it is for women to come forward with allegations of sexual violence.
Ramaphosa is one of two front-runners in a closely watched contest to take over from President Jacob Zuma as ANC leader at a party conference starting on December 16.More news: California fire weather less dire than predicted
Khwezi‚ who was HIV-positive‚ went into exile after receiving death threats.
- Jon Hamm Reportedly Wants to Steal Ben Affleck's Batman Role
- Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU) Issues FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Border Protection Grid To Be Set Up In Border States: Rajnath Singh
- Hosking Partners LLP Grows Holdings in Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CZR)
- NYC's first snow of the season possible this weekend
- Get Rs 21000 Off On Google Pixel 2 Smartphone
- Apple Fixes iOS 11.2 HomeKit Flaw; Allowed Unauthorized Remote Access to Homes
- Alice Eve lands mystery role in Season 2 of Marvel's 'Iron Fist'
- Shares Of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) sold By LEUNG SANDRA
- Noteworthy Buzzers: WPCS International Incorporated (WPCS), Vornado Realty Trust (VNO)