The worldwide centre will be a boon for the younger generation and will work on the vision of Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar, the Prime Minister added.
Such was the incredible strength of Ambedkar that his philosophy and contribution in nation building could not be erased despite the efforts of some people, the prime minister said in his address. But such people failed to wipe out his ideals from people's memory.
Modi, who laid the foundation stone of the centre in April 2015, dedicated it to the nation, saying it will play "a key role" in the dissemination of Ambedkar's teachings and vision.More news: Facebook Tops Glassdoor List For Best Workplaces
Dedicating to the nation Dr Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi, the Prime Minister said "a particular family" - an indirect reference to the Nehru-Gandhi family- wanted to erase the contributions of Ambedkar who drafted India's Constitution and was the first law minister of the country.
The Congress vice president has visited over a dozen temples in the poll-bound state even as the critics accused the party of playing "soft Hindutva" card. "Anyway, such people nowadays can not remember Baba Saheb but are seeing Baba Bolenath", he said, apparently referring to the political row kicked by Gandhi's visit to the famous Somnath temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, in Gujarat.
"I am a devotee of Shiv".More news: Top Stock of Tuesday: Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW)
The Prime Minister said that there are forces trying to divide the country on caste lines, and the present generation understands well that India can not progress with pace if such divisions are allowed.
Caste divisions, he added, put brakes on the pace of development.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi continued his campaign in Gujarat with just 3 days to go before the first phase of polling on 9th of December. He said that this "Panchteerth" is the today's generation's way of paying homage to Dr. Ambedkar. "Things are changing. The ills of society are being removed", he said.More news: Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) stock rose 48.09% in recent quarter
It will show the way and further discussions on vital issues as well as encourage research, original thinking among the youth, PM Modi had said on Wednesday.
- AoL guilty of damaging Yamuna flood plains, says NGT
- ACA Subsidized Health Insurance Sign-Ups Expected to Fall Short
- Citigroup Upgrades BHP Billiton (BLT) to "Buy"
- House Democrats Shifting Away From Amnesty-or-Shutdown Threat
- Traders Secrets on Raytheon Company (RTN), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE)
- State reps ring bell for Salvation Army
- Lexus previews flagship SUV with Detroit-bound LF-1 Limitless concept
- Quentin Tarantino And JJ Abrams Close To Picking Screenwriter
- Hull plump for Adkins after Slutsky exit
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC)