The stakeholders made their position known in a communique issued at the end of a meeting on Wednesday night in Abuja, which they submitted to the National Chairman of the party, Senator Ahmed Makarfi. It is a good omen to everybody in the PDP. Oyelese pointed out that Wike and some PDP governors are fighting to make sure Secondus emerges as Chairman.
In a chat with journalists in Abuja, Oyelese said Secondus' leadership of the party was a disaster waiting to happen, urging the delegates to help the party avoid the disaster.
According to him, the PDP while in power never interrupted programmes of other political parties, "rather it encouraged the growth of other parties", he said.
The party, he said, would make available the list of accredited delegates to all aspirants at least 48 hours before the convention to diffuse the rumour that the list has been altered to suit selected aspirants.More news: Woman's body washes ashore at Juhu beach, husband held
"It is not from the very top".
"We call on President Buhari to investigate and ensure that those who want to disrupt the convention refrain from doing so". "Thereafter, all of us would unite to take power from APC come 2019".
In his response, Shagari praised PDP for its contributions to the building of democratic structures in the country.
"You have prayed for a successful convention of the PDP".More news: Tokyo 2020 committee unveils final 3 candidate mascot pairs for games
Dokpesi also said that PDP Governors are performing better than their APC counterparts.
He said, "I have here the chairman of the caretaker committee, former chairman of Kaduna State, the chairman of convention planning committee, the governor of Delta State with the offcials for the convention".
On the return of former vice president Atiku Abubakar to the PDP, IBB said, "He is a Nigerian; he is allowed to go to any party and our constitution allows it".
Chapter 2, Section 8 of the PDP Constitution says, "A person who desires to rejoin the party after leaving it shall (a) Apply to his ward secretary for re-admission; and (b) Unless given waiver by the National Working Committee (NWC), be placed on probation for a period of not less than one year". "So, it is not new and there is nothing wrong for a politician to move from one party to another".More news: House Democrats Shifting Away From Amnesty-or-Shutdown Threat
- Sheetz installs new lighting to deter opioid use
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM) Shares Sold by Stephens Inc. AR
- Trading on Spotlight: United Continental Holdings, Inc. (UAL) ,UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH)
- Quentin Tarantino And JJ Abrams Close To Picking Screenwriter
- Actor Vishal cries foul, alleges candidacy proposers are missing
- Saudi crown prince bought $450 mn Da Vinci
- Shares of Simon Property Group (SPG) Raised to Hold From a Sell
- Johnson Controls International plc (JCI) And Insider Trading Activity
- RSI suggests Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOXA)'s Stock Becomes Overbought
- Cazorla starting rehab ´from zero´ after latest surgery