During this meeting, ordered by King Mohammed VI, in his quality as Chairman of the Al Quds Committee, Bourita expressed Morocco's rejection of the USA decision to recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel and handed a written message from the Moroccan Monarch to President Trump.
According to El Othmani, King Mohammed VI of Morocco, in his capacity as the chairman of the Al-Quds Committee (Jerusalem Committee), had sent a message to U.S. President Donald Trump to warn against the serious consequences of his decision on Jerusalem.More news: Justice Ademola controversially retires from judiciary
The people and government of Pakistan are unequivocally opposed the controversial plan of shifting the US Embassy.
Bourita called on the permanent members of the Security Council to uphold their full responsibility in preserving the legal status of Al Quds and averting anything that may instigate conflicts or undermine stability in the region.More news: Intelligence Chair Devin Nunes Cleared for Blowing Whistle on Trump Team Wiretaps
Moroccan Prime Minister Saad Eddine El Othmani said on Thursday that the USA recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has crossed the "red line".
While reaffirming solidarity with the Palestinian people, the government of Pakistan has renewed its call for establishment of a viable, independent and contiguous State of Palestine, on the basis of internationally agreed parametres, the pre-1967 borders, and with Jerusalem as its capital.More news: Stabbing at Tokyo shrine leaves 3 people dead
Washington's endorsement of Israel's claim to all of Jerusalem as its capital would reverse a long-standing policy that the city's status must be decided in negotiations with the Palestinians, who want East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state.
- FBI Director Wray Defends Agency Before Lawmakers
- Abductors Of Former Sports Minister Sango Demand N100m Ransom
- Brexit Irish border deal possible within hours
- The stocks that governs the market: Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN)
- Geoffrey Rush to sue over behaviour claims
- Fidelity National Information Servcs (FIS) Earns "Buy" Rating from Cantor Fitzgerald
- PSL 3rd edition to start from Feb 22 next year
- Manchester United to offer Juan Mata in part exchange deal
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma take off to Switzerland for Italy wedding?
- Indonesian president regrets Jerusalem capital decision