Move over Avengers, there's a new group of heroes about to step into the spotlight to make a name for themselves! However, Marvel neither moved away from the SJW stories - despite the sales tanking horribly - nor did they truly bring back the quality stories featuring the original Marvel heroes that many fans hoped would come back.
The Marvel Rising endeavor will start with six, four-minute short films and will then have a full length feature film rolled out at some point in 2018, according to Coming Soon. It's part of the company's new multi-platform animation venture, which launches next year.More news: Ramaphosa believes Zuma is guilty of rape
Voice actors for the project include ABC's Agents of SHIELD's Ming-Na, Chloe Bennet and Dove Cameron, as well as Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl, the role she was signed to play in the live-action New Warriors series now being shopped to outlets after Disney's Freeform passed on the project.
The Fosters' Cierra Ramirez will voice America Chavez. "Agents of SHIELD." star Chloe Bennet will voice Quake. I've been craving a Kamala Khan TV series for ages - her Ms. Marvel comic book is a delight to read, and the modern-day teen comedy that Peter Parker's Spider-Man stories used to be once upon a time - and to see her headline a team alongside other fan-favorites (shout out to the scene-stealing gay, Latina superhero that is America Chavez) is nothing short of a miracle.More news: Man Utd will miss banned Paul Pogba this weekend
"Powered teens Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Quake, Patriot, America Chavez, and Inferno join forces as an unlikely, but formidable crew of aspiring heroes". Squirrel Girl is set to appear in the upcoming "Marvel's New Warriors" as well.
Milana Vayntrub, who will play Squirrel Girl on Marvel's live-action series "New Warriors", will also voice the animated character. Kamil McFadden is voicing Patriot, and Descendants star Booboo Stewart will provide the voice for Exile. But Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers will not be voiced by Brie Larson, who will play the character in the movie; instead, Kim Raver will take on the role.More news: Colon, breast, ovarian cancer survival rates lower in blacks than whites
"Marvel characters are so relatable because they live in our world and face the same challenges we do", said Cort Lane, Marvel's Senior Vice President of Animation & Family Entertainment.
- Alice Eve lands mystery role in Season 2 of Marvel's 'Iron Fist'
- Man rescued after cementing microwave to his head
- Border Protection Grid To Be Set Up In Border States: Rajnath Singh
- Apple Fixes iOS 11.2 HomeKit Flaw; Allowed Unauthorized Remote Access to Homes
- DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale Increases Position in Accenture PLC
- TGA 2017: From Software Next Game Teased With a Super Short Teaser
- Mata reveals that Ibrahimovic refers to himself as God at Manchester United
- Eminem Reveals "Revival" Album Art
- Bitcoin soars then falls as banks raise risk concerns
- Dennis Wise responds to bullying accusations on I'm A Celebrity