Pogba, who was under fire last week by the Twitterati for his comment stating that he wants Manchester City's players to get injured to provide them with a better chance at winning the derby, got suspended from playing the derby when he received a red card in the 3-1 win over Arsenal Last week.
The then 18-year-old took the opportunity by the scruff of the neck; after an injury to Anthony Martial in the warm-up to an Europa League round of 32 clash against Midtjylland, scoring two goals in the second half of a 5-1 United win.
The former Juventus star even had his walking gait and running style analysed, with a series of new exercises implemented to combat the massive loads he puts through his quads when suddenly changing direction in games.
Pogba's sending off will see him miss United's next three domestic games, with the first being against Manchester City at Old Trafford this weekend.More news: House ethics panel probing Rep. Farenthold over harassment allegations
It's an intriguing fixture which will test both managers and a game which may well answer the one outstanding question about City.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho (left) and Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola on the touchline during the EFL Cup, round of 16 match at Old Trafford, Manchester. If City drop points, there's a good chance for United in this race to be crowned champions.
The derby takes place this Sunday (4.15pm).
"But Manchester United have good players and it doesn't matter who is going to play in his position, they will do a good job".More news: Sensex Jumps Over 200 Points; Nifty Near 10250
"The people around the club, when we start to win a lot of games, they start to say a lot of things and it's not good", he continued.
"But if they lose on Sunday it is finished".
"And that's why I'm really looking forward to the game at the weekend because United are the best equipped at the moment to give them a game and I think Man United will give them a big game".
"They were just OK and in the derby we would fight hard because United were the dominant team at the time". If United beats City's high pressing game or steals possession to launch a counterattack, Lukaku may look to isolate and get behind Nicolas Otamendi.More news: Featured Stock: SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:SEAS)
- A Technical Strategy for OSI Systems, Inc. (OSIS)
- 'Incompetence and failure': Iran leader attacks Donald Trump over Jerusalem move
- FBI Director Wray Defends Agency Before Lawmakers
- Brown-Forman Q2 Profit Rises; Lifts FY Profit View
- Year-on-year gains in Chinese exports and imports in November
- Psagot Investment House Ltd. Reduces Holdings in Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- Thunder Blow Double Digit Lead Again in Loss to Nets in Mexico
- PSL 3rd edition to start from Feb 22 next year
- Zoetis Inc. (NYSE:ZTS) Stake Lowered by Friedberg Investment Management
- Bronze Age artifacts used meteoric iron