The 22-year-old had planned to use the electrical appliance as a mould, filling it with seven bags of Polyfilla, and heating the mixture before he realised that he couldn't free himself.
His friends managed to break enough concrete away to allow him to breathe but after spending an hour trying to free him, they called an ambulance, whose crew requested assistance from the fire service.
The man cemented his head into a microwave for a YouTube video and ended up getting rescued by England's fire service department.
A man who had his head cemented inside a microwave by his friends had to be rescued by firefighters after the prank almost went wrong.More news: The Next Game from Vanishing of Ethan Carter Devs Is
The service also had to seek the guidance of their "technical guide colleagues" to fully draw a plan on how to remove the microwave from the man's head safely.
Dakin added, "As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured".
The man's friends put an air tube into the microwave so he could breathe while he waited for help. It took the rescuers an hour to fully free the man last Wednesday.
It took the five firemen about an hour to rescue the hapless YouTuber, leaving the fire service "seriously unimpressed".More news: Bezel-less Sony Xperia Photos Leak Online
Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew who responded, said: "As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured".
Responders had to pull the microwave apart to get him unstuck, and they were not pleased about the call-out.
While all the young men involved were "very apologetic", Dakin was unimpressed with the "youtube pranksters".
'But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head.More news: Colon, breast, ovarian cancer survival rates lower in blacks than whites
- Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE:CRM) Holdings Raised by Norinchukin Bank The
- Apple Fixes iOS 11.2 HomeKit Flaw; Allowed Unauthorized Remote Access to Homes
- New Mexico school shooting leaves two students dead
- DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale Increases Position in Accenture PLC
- Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) Position Increased by Nationwide Fund Advisors
- Cyclone Ockhi: 150 Tamil Nadu And Kerala Fishermen Safe In Lakshadweep
- California fire weather less dire than predicted
- Hosking Partners LLP Grows Holdings in Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CZR)
- Australia's biggest companies avoiding tax
- Marvel Releasing An Animated Film Featuring Diverse Superheroes