"We are now second, it's OK, so let's think about the Premier League and the Cups".
He also made it clear that while the draw options were less than ideal, Chelsea are a big enough club to be able to cope with whatever is thrown at them.More news: New Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Available Now For A Limited Time
As such, the Blues will now get a more hard draw in the next round of the competition.
Premier League clubs enjoyed a sustained period of success in continental competition between 2005-2012 when there were eight English Champions League finalists in as many years with Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea, all going on to win the competition. The Premier League right now is completely different in the depth of quality in comparison to the other top leagues in Europe. This victory allowed the Catalans to reach the knockout stage of the tournament with first place in the group.
While North London rivals Arsenal have faced a joyless slog through Europa League Group H, Spurs have had a Champions League group stage to remember.More news: Bayonetta 3 Announced As A Nintendo Switch Exclusive
A tie against either Sevilla or Shakhtar Donetsk might not exactly be the worst either, but could prove to be a potential banana skin for the twenty-time English champions.
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid both progressed all the way through to the final that season with Zinedine Zidane's side triumphing on penalties, but Sevilla and Valencia crashed out in the groups.
Find out why Chelsea supporters could be anxious ahead of Monday's Champions League round of 16 draw...More news: Check Out The Latest 'Death Stranding' Trailer Here
- Georges St-Pierre on staying at 185 pounds: 'I don't think so'
- Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX) EVP Sells $260400.00 in Stock
- Firefighters battle Creek fire above Sylmar
- Increase in accidental deaths follows spike in gun sales, study finds
- Delphi Technologies (NYSE:DLPH) Covered By Yet Another Research Firm
- Israel Defense Forces strike Gaza Strip after Hamas rocket attack
- YouTube likely leading Google's merged music streaming service, 2018 launch planned
- Labor ready to claim Townsville, giving the party 48 seats
- Lawsuit: Bryan Singer Sexually Assaulted 17-Year-Old in 2003
- Man trapped by legs in oil tank