"We are now second, it's OK, so let's think about the Premier League and the Cups".
He also made it clear that while the draw options were less than ideal, Chelsea are a big enough club to be able to cope with whatever is thrown at them.More news: Carragher Insists Coutinho Is Staying Put Following Interviewer's Barcelona Jibe
As such, the Blues will now get a more hard draw in the next round of the competition.
Premier League clubs enjoyed a sustained period of success in continental competition between 2005-2012 when there were eight English Champions League finalists in as many years with Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea, all going on to win the competition. The Premier League right now is completely different in the depth of quality in comparison to the other top leagues in Europe. This victory allowed the Catalans to reach the knockout stage of the tournament with first place in the group.
While North London rivals Arsenal have faced a joyless slog through Europa League Group H, Spurs have had a Champions League group stage to remember.More news: Georges St-Pierre on staying at 185 pounds: 'I don't think so'
A tie against either Sevilla or Shakhtar Donetsk might not exactly be the worst either, but could prove to be a potential banana skin for the twenty-time English champions.
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid both progressed all the way through to the final that season with Zinedine Zidane's side triumphing on penalties, but Sevilla and Valencia crashed out in the groups.
Find out why Chelsea supporters could be anxious ahead of Monday's Champions League round of 16 draw...More news: Dubai International Film Festival opens 14th edition with a star-studded Gala
- Firefighters battle Creek fire above Sylmar
- Palestine, Egypt confer after U.S. decision on Jerusalem
- Breath Of The Wild DLC Pack 2 Launching Tonight
- Lawsuit: Bryan Singer Sexually Assaulted 17-Year-Old in 2003
- Senate To Investigate Scope Of FBI's Political Bias
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Given Media Impact Rating of 0.10
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) Stake Raised by NewSquare Capital LLC
- Delphi Technologies (NYSE:DLPH) Covered By Yet Another Research Firm
- Kate Middleton steps out wearing lovely Diana hand-me-down
- Facebook adds support for live streaming and video chats to Messenger games