The Japanese luxury brand is planning to make some waves at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show with a new large-scale SUV.
Lexas has announced a new crossover vehicle concept that will expand its crossover line into previously untouched territory. No big surprise there; SUVs are kind of a big deal - literally and figuratively - in the modern automotive space.More news: UK Property Market Enjoys Fifth Consecutive Month of Positive Growth
Information is in short supply at this stage but Lexus does reveal that the concept is the work of its CALTY design studio in Newport Beach, California, and that it's a "flagship model that seeks to redefine the boundaries of luxury". We'll keep an eye out for more on this one. We can infer that the vehicle will feature steeply raked rear glass and a tail end design not dissimilar to that of the automaker's RX crossover. Highlights include taillights that stretch across the width of the vehicle's rear, a two-piece roof spoiler, a sculpted rear section, blue-illuminated badging and digital displays in the cabin.
Let's turn up the lights a bit to get a closer look at this dark teaser image.More news: State reps ring bell for Salvation Army
Lexus is coy about the car's interior, but the blue screens visible in the image appear to be headrest-mounted rear-seat entertainment systems, suggesting that the auto will focus heavily on in-car technology and passenger comfort.
Lexus says it plans to unveil its concept for a "crossover with no limits" - labelled the LF-1 - at the beginning of January at the Detroit motor show.More news: 29 horses burn to death at ranch destroyed by Creek Fire
Now named the LF-1, the concept was created by the company's Calty design studio located in Southern California.
- Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ:INCY) Shares Bought by Zurcher Kantonalbank Zurich Cantonalbank
- ACA Subsidized Health Insurance Sign-Ups Expected to Fall Short
- International Monetary Fund identifies financial risks in China
- Today Marks Attack On Pearl Harbor Dec. 7, 1941
- Brokers Ratings on: Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK)
- Penn State's Saquon Barkley wins 2017 Silver Football
- USA finds Canada lumber harms USA producers; duties to remain
- Analysts Recommendation on Rite Aid Corp (RAD)
- Citadel Advisors LLC Boosted Its Applied Matls INC (AMAT) Position
- Kate Winslet Says Woody Allen Really Gets Women