The Japanese luxury brand is planning to make some waves at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show with a new large-scale SUV.
Lexas has announced a new crossover vehicle concept that will expand its crossover line into previously untouched territory. No big surprise there; SUVs are kind of a big deal - literally and figuratively - in the modern automotive space.More news: Analyst Earnings Estimates Review: Ares Capital Corporation (ARCC)
Information is in short supply at this stage but Lexus does reveal that the concept is the work of its CALTY design studio in Newport Beach, California, and that it's a "flagship model that seeks to redefine the boundaries of luxury". We'll keep an eye out for more on this one. We can infer that the vehicle will feature steeply raked rear glass and a tail end design not dissimilar to that of the automaker's RX crossover. Highlights include taillights that stretch across the width of the vehicle's rear, a two-piece roof spoiler, a sculpted rear section, blue-illuminated badging and digital displays in the cabin.
Let's turn up the lights a bit to get a closer look at this dark teaser image.More news: Today Marks Attack On Pearl Harbor Dec. 7, 1941
Lexus is coy about the car's interior, but the blue screens visible in the image appear to be headrest-mounted rear-seat entertainment systems, suggesting that the auto will focus heavily on in-car technology and passenger comfort.
Lexus says it plans to unveil its concept for a "crossover with no limits" - labelled the LF-1 - at the beginning of January at the Detroit motor show.More news: XL Group Ltd (XL), Magellan Midstream Partners LP (MMP) — Traders Focused Stocks
Now named the LF-1, the concept was created by the company's Calty design studio located in Southern California.
- Kate Winslet Says Woody Allen Really Gets Women
- Adobe Sys INC (ADBE) Holder Brown Advisory INC Has Trimmed Holding
- UK Property Market Enjoys Fifth Consecutive Month of Positive Growth
- ACA Subsidized Health Insurance Sign-Ups Expected to Fall Short
- Merck KGaA (MRK) Given a €120.00 Price Target at UBS
- Arizona's Trent Franks Expected to Resign
- Penn State's Saquon Barkley wins 2017 Silver Football
- Facebook Tops Glassdoor List For Best Workplaces
- USA finds Canada lumber harms USA producers; duties to remain
- State reps ring bell for Salvation Army