"Representative Bradford, look, I'm a heterosexual, I have a wife, I love my wife, I don't like men, as you might, but stop touching me all the time", Metcalfe said.
"I've told him in the past to stop touching me, more than once, that he should stop it". "Stop touching me all the time", he said. Keep your hands to yourself.
"If someone touches another person, and they say, 'stop touching me, ' and they don't stop, that's serious business", Metcalfe told the Inquirer.
A visibly stunned Bradford laughed and said the meeting was "officially off the rails". He requested a sidebar to discuss what he called "extraneous issues".
"My intent was just to beg for your permission for about 30 seconds", Bradford said.More news: Quake of magnitude 5.1 hits J&K
Metcalfe, who is serving his tenth term in office, responded: 'Then beg, don't touch'.
And Democrats say, even if it happened, that doesn't excuse Metcalfe.
Bradford - who has a wife and four children - later said he had simply sought to stop Metcalfe from interrupting him.
Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf on Wednesday called on Republican House leaders take away Metcalfe's chairmanship of the House state government committee after he made "offensive and discriminatory" statements about homosexuality one day before.
When told about the Democratic party's call for him to step down, Metcalfe said Tuesday he had no plans to resign, according to The Inquirer, a Philadelphia-based news outlet.More news: Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health to Merge
"I don't know where we go from here, really", he added.
Metcalfe told Triblive that he didn't know anything about Bradford's sexual preferences.
"I don't know what his sexuality or his sexual behavior is". He has invited white supremacists to the capitol testify on behalf of his positions, defended white nationalists, and refused to condemn racist violence. I've tried to calm him down'.
"The chairman can be volatile", Bradford, D-Montgomery, said.
Daryl Metcalfe, a Cranberry Republican, should resign over alleged homophobic remarks.More news: Featured Stock: SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:SEAS)
- PSL 3rd edition to start from Feb 22 next year
- Thunder Blow Double Digit Lead Again in Loss to Nets in Mexico
- Keep track of Analyst's Recommendation:: Schlumberger Limited (SLB)
- Stabbing at Tokyo shrine leaves 3 people dead
- Justice Ademola controversially retires from judiciary
- Abductors Of Former Sports Minister Sango Demand N100m Ransom
- House ethics panel probing Rep. Farenthold over harassment allegations
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Plans Quarterly Dividend of $0.84
- Ex-South Carolina cop sentenced to 20 years
- Manchester United to offer Juan Mata in part exchange deal