"Representative Bradford, look, I'm a heterosexual, I have a wife, I love my wife, I don't like men, as you might, but stop touching me all the time", Metcalfe said.
"I've told him in the past to stop touching me, more than once, that he should stop it". "Stop touching me all the time", he said. Keep your hands to yourself.
"If someone touches another person, and they say, 'stop touching me, ' and they don't stop, that's serious business", Metcalfe told the Inquirer.
A visibly stunned Bradford laughed and said the meeting was "officially off the rails". He requested a sidebar to discuss what he called "extraneous issues".
"My intent was just to beg for your permission for about 30 seconds", Bradford said.More news: Ex-South Carolina cop sentenced to 20 years
Metcalfe, who is serving his tenth term in office, responded: 'Then beg, don't touch'.
And Democrats say, even if it happened, that doesn't excuse Metcalfe.
Bradford - who has a wife and four children - later said he had simply sought to stop Metcalfe from interrupting him.
Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf on Wednesday called on Republican House leaders take away Metcalfe's chairmanship of the House state government committee after he made "offensive and discriminatory" statements about homosexuality one day before.
When told about the Democratic party's call for him to step down, Metcalfe said Tuesday he had no plans to resign, according to The Inquirer, a Philadelphia-based news outlet.More news: Geoffrey Rush to sue over behaviour claims
"I don't know where we go from here, really", he added.
Metcalfe told Triblive that he didn't know anything about Bradford's sexual preferences.
"I don't know what his sexuality or his sexual behavior is". He has invited white supremacists to the capitol testify on behalf of his positions, defended white nationalists, and refused to condemn racist violence. I've tried to calm him down'.
"The chairman can be volatile", Bradford, D-Montgomery, said.
Daryl Metcalfe, a Cranberry Republican, should resign over alleged homophobic remarks.More news: Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) Lowered to Neutral at Hilliard Lyons
- Year-on-year gains in Chinese exports and imports in November
- Indian Drone Violated Chinese Airspace Due to Technical Problem
- 'Vigilant Ace' war games act as show of force against defiant DPRK
- Justice Ademola controversially retires from judiciary
- The stocks that governs the market: Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN)
- Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health to Merge
- Stabbing at Tokyo shrine leaves 3 people dead
- Unbiased Equity Research: Target Corporation (TGT), Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SCMP)
- Keep track of Analyst's Recommendation:: Schlumberger Limited (SLB)
- Indonesian president regrets Jerusalem capital decision