Princess Diana wearing the Queen Mary's Lover's Knot.
This is the third time the duchess has worn the tiara to the annual event, which is attended by senior royals, foreign diplomats, and other government officials.More news: THQ Nordic's Next Title Leaks Ahead of The Game Awards 2017
The duchess first wore the grand design at her wedding to Prince William in 2011.
The tiara has an even greater history though, reportedly being commissioned by Queen Mary in 1913. The Cambridge Lover's Knot did not make that cut and was placed into storage.
In addition to the tiara, the duchess wore a pair of pearl drop earrings that once belonged to Diana. Upon the divorce of the Princess from Prince Charles, the tiara was returned back into storage.More news: Man trapped by legs in oil tank
She also wore the tiara in December 2016, at the same Buckingham Palace event previous year, where she donned a bright red lace Jenny Packham gown. In July of this year, Kate was spotted wearing it again at a state dinner with Spain's King Felipe and Queen Letizia.
Though the tiara was one of Diana's favorites, it was actually made for Queen Mary in 1914 by Garrard, jeweler to the British royal family.More news: Which Way Are Insiders Leaning With Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE:BDN)?
- Carragher Insists Coutinho Is Staying Put Following Interviewer's Barcelona Jibe
- YouTube likely leading Google's merged music streaming service, 2018 launch planned
- Breath Of The Wild DLC Pack 2 Launching Tonight
- Israel Defense Forces strike Gaza Strip after Hamas rocket attack
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Given Media Impact Rating of 0.10
- Increase in accidental deaths follows spike in gun sales, study finds
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Given Daily Coverage Optimism Score of
- Bayonetta 3 Announced As A Nintendo Switch Exclusive
- New Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Available Now For A Limited Time
- Liverpool win means five English teams reach last 16 of Champions League