Princess Diana wearing the Queen Mary's Lover's Knot.
This is the third time the duchess has worn the tiara to the annual event, which is attended by senior royals, foreign diplomats, and other government officials.More news: Breath Of The Wild DLC Pack 2 Launching Tonight
The duchess first wore the grand design at her wedding to Prince William in 2011.
The tiara has an even greater history though, reportedly being commissioned by Queen Mary in 1913. The Cambridge Lover's Knot did not make that cut and was placed into storage.
In addition to the tiara, the duchess wore a pair of pearl drop earrings that once belonged to Diana. Upon the divorce of the Princess from Prince Charles, the tiara was returned back into storage.More news: Carragher Insists Coutinho Is Staying Put Following Interviewer's Barcelona Jibe
She also wore the tiara in December 2016, at the same Buckingham Palace event previous year, where she donned a bright red lace Jenny Packham gown. In July of this year, Kate was spotted wearing it again at a state dinner with Spain's King Felipe and Queen Letizia.
Though the tiara was one of Diana's favorites, it was actually made for Queen Mary in 1914 by Garrard, jeweler to the British royal family.More news: Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX) EVP Sells $260400.00 in Stock
- Liverpool win means five English teams reach last 16 of Champions League
- Seattle NHL Expansion Application Approved by NHL, Can Start Season Ticket Drive
- Sessions spars with interns over marijuana policy, police brutality
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Given Daily Coverage Optimism Score of
- Palestine, Egypt confer after U.S. decision on Jerusalem
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Given Media Impact Rating of 0.10
- Which Way Are Insiders Leaning With Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE:BDN)?
- Technical Scrutiny: The Gap, Inc. (GPS), Union Pacific Corporation (UNP)
- Lawsuit: Bryan Singer Sexually Assaulted 17-Year-Old in 2003
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) Stake Raised by NewSquare Capital LLC