But other income slumped 59% to Rs 131.57 crore.
India's second biggest airline by domestic market share posted a net profit of Rs 46.01 crore compared to Rs 517 crore a year earlier.
Jet Airways share price declined as much as 4.55 percent on Friday after the private carrier reported a 91 percent fall in its standalone net profit year-on-year.More news: Get Rs 21000 Off On Google Pixel 2 Smartphone
Income on sale and leaseback of aircraft stood at Rs 190.22 crore in September quarter 2016, the airline said.
It is the tenth successive profitable quarter for the airline backed by growth in capacity, revenues as well as accompanying reduction in non-fuel costs, the airline said in a statement. Meanwhile, the expenses rose to Rs 5,709 crore as opposed to Rs 5,224 crore seen for the same period in the previous financial year, as per a BSE filing.
The revenue from operations grew three per cent year-on-year to Rs 5627 crore in the quarter that ended on September 30 this year, as against Rs 5453 crore for the same period last fiscal.More news: Apple Fixes iOS 11.2 HomeKit Flaw; Allowed Unauthorized Remote Access to Homes
"Jet Airways also derived significant operational and business advantages via synergies with its strategic partner - Etihad Airways, as well as other codeshare partnerships, carrying a growing and significant number of global travellers across its 64 destination network, including gateways at Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Paris and London", said he.
Significantly, the Mumbai-based carrier had last month announced a new enhanced cooperation agreement, which primarily deepens the already existing codeshare partnership signed in 2014.More news: Rogers is reportedly considering selling the Blue Jays
- Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE:CRM) Holdings Raised by Norinchukin Bank The
- Former UNLV football coach Ron Meyer dies at 76
- Border Protection Grid To Be Set Up In Border States: Rajnath Singh
- Shares Of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) sold By LEUNG SANDRA
- Shares in Western Gas Partners, LP (WES) Purchased by ING Groep NV
- Pakistan expresses concern over Trump plan to recognise Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- Unbiased Equity Research: Target Corporation (TGT), Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SCMP)
- Australia's biggest companies avoiding tax
- Traders Secrets on United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS), Rockwell Automation Inc. (ROK)
- Abductors Of Former Sports Minister Sango Demand N100m Ransom