The Los Angeles Lakers are struggling at the defensive end while dropping five in a row and are about to embark on a four-game Eastern Conference road trip.
ABOUT THE LAKERS (8-15): No. 2 overall pick Lonzo Ball is dealing with high expectations and tightness in his calves, both of which might be hampering his play.
Embiid is probably just standing there thinking, "Trust the process".
Despite the loss, Simmons became the fastest rookie since Lamar Odom in 1999-2000 to reach three career triple-doubles in 23 games or less.More news: Technical Scrutiny: The Gap, Inc. (GPS), Union Pacific Corporation (UNP)
Eight nights ago, LaVar Ball made headlines - quelle surprise! - for telling ESPN that the Los Angeles Lakers blew their chance to knock off the defending champions when head coach Luke Walton called a timeout in the closing seconds of regulation.
ABOUT THE 76ERS (13-10): Philadelphia's rookie point guard is having no trouble getting acclimated to the National Basketball Association and Ben Simmons fought off an illness to collect 20 points, eight rebounds, seven assists and six steals in Monday's setback. But with the game tied at 104-104, Ball drove baseline before finding a wide open Brandon Ingram for a game-winning 3-pointer with eight-tenths of a second remaining to lift the Lakers to a 107-104 victory.
The 76ers late fightback was led by Embiid, who grabbed 16 points in the final quarter. Joel Embiid scored 33 points and blocked five shots for the 76ers. They earned it by playing a cleaner game for 48 minutes.
This time around, Ball played much better.More news: Firewatch Studio Reveals Stunning New Game 'In The Valley Of Gods'
The rookie heard jeers from the Philly fans whenever he touched the ball early in the first quarter. But reserve center Richaun Holmes sparked a comeback with 10 fourth-quarter points.
But Simmons was better, compiling his third career triple-double well before the game was over. We discuss Lonzo Ball stat-stuffing effort, Julius Randle's game-changing rampages, and Ingram's consistent ability to get a bucket when the team needs it most. "He doesn't let anybody tell him to get away from his stuff".
"I feel he plays the right way", Ball added. "He is a great passer, rebounder and does all the little things".More news: Senate To Investigate Scope Of FBI's Political Bias
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Given Daily Coverage Optimism Score of
- YouTube likely leading Google's merged music streaming service, 2018 launch planned
- Lawsuit: Bryan Singer Sexually Assaulted 17-Year-Old in 2003
- Seattle NHL Expansion Application Approved by NHL, Can Start Season Ticket Drive
- Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX) EVP Sells $260400.00 in Stock
- Check Out The Latest 'Death Stranding' Trailer Here
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) Stake Raised by NewSquare Capital LLC
- Bayonetta 3 Announced As A Nintendo Switch Exclusive
- Man trapped by legs in oil tank
- Our First Proper Look At PUBG's Desert Map