The group also urged Arab and Muslim leaders to hold an emergency summit in order for their efforts to be united and to make decisions in favour of the cause and in support of the steadfastness and struggle of the Palestinian people to restore all of their legitimate rights.
Tarawneh also said that he sent cables to Asian Parliamentary Assembly, Inter-Parliamentary Union, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean, Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy, the African Parliamentary Union and the Latin American Parliament.
The Hefazat leaders further said Jerusalem is not only a holy land land for Palestinian Muslims, but it was a holy land for the entire Muslim community as Islam's first qibla, Baitul Mukaddas, is situated in this city.More news: Palestine, Egypt confer after U.S. decision on Jerusalem
Earlier, a number of Egyptian lawyers staged a protest against Trump's resolution of recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Officials in Washington added that until the move to Tel Aviv is complete, Trump will continue to sign the waiver to the 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Act, which mandates the move.
Council of Churches in Jordan rejected Trump's declaration as a violation of worldwide legitimacy resolutions.More news: Man trapped by legs in oil tank
Known jihadi online and social media outlets lit up Wednesday, threatening increased attacks targeting USA and Israeli interests as a result of the Trump White House's controversial decision to officially recognize Jerusalem as the Israeli capital.
Mr. Trump insisted that after repeated peace failures it was past time for a new approach, starting with his decision to recognize Jerusalem as the seat of Israel's government.
Alwasat Islamic Party denounced the move by saying that the U.S. decision is against all worldwide treaties and decisions which recognise Israel as an occupying power, which highlights the fact that USA disrespects the global legitimacy.More news: Sessions spars with interns over marijuana policy, police brutality
- Technical Scrutiny: The Gap, Inc. (GPS), Union Pacific Corporation (UNP)
- New Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Available Now For A Limited Time
- Labor ready to claim Townsville, giving the party 48 seats
- Ingram's game-winner lifts Lakers past Sixers
- Bayonetta 3 Announced As A Nintendo Switch Exclusive
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Given Media Impact Rating of 0.10
- Firewatch Studio Reveals Stunning New Game 'In The Valley Of Gods'
- Kate Middleton steps out wearing lovely Diana hand-me-down
- Sensex Jumps Over 200 Points; Nifty Near 10250
- Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MDLZ): Financial Health and Analyst Ratings