Farenthold, 55, said in a statement he was relieved that the ethics panel was going to look into the allegations.
Another Farenthold aide told Greene that the congressman said he had "sexual fantasies" and "wet dreams" about Greene, she said, and when Greene complained, she was sacked.
Greene alleged that she was sacked in July 2014 after complaining to Farenthold about being "bullied" by his chief of staff. But while we're glad to see he's paying the money back, we note his record in this affair is deeply troubling.
New information "about the nature of the settlement between the parties" prompted the investigation of the matter, the Committee on Ethics said.More news: Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR) Surges to All-Time High, Is Now Top Performer
The Committee has sought to interview Greene.
The committee will determine whether Farenthold violated standards of conduct, or broke the law in dealing with the allegations brought by his former spokesperson, Lauren Greene, in 2014.
Greene, appearing on CNN Monday night, said she welcomed more transparency in her case, even though she said it has set her back in her career and made it hard for her to find work.
Farenthold had denied the allegations, maintaining in the court proceeding that Greene was sacked for poor performance, according to reports. "In light of these developments, the Committee has determined that it is appropriate to establish an Investigative Subcommittee to continue its investigation".More news: Indian Drone Violated Chinese Airspace Due to Technical Problem
The committee is chaired by Republican Rep. Susan Brooks of Indiana.
"Once all the facts are released, I'm confident this matter will once and for all be settled and resolved", he added.
Politico reported last week that the US Congress' Office of Compliance had paid US$84,000 (RM465,612) from a public fund on behalf of Farenthold for a sexual harassment claim. "I'm also pleased the Committee on Ethics recognizes, as per their statement, that I have cooperated fully with the committee's investigation and has acknowledged a decision has been delayed because of difficulty obtaining live testimony from other witnesses". The aide spoke on condition of anonymity because the individual was not authorized to publicly discuss the agreement.
Farenthold subsequently said he was taking out a personal loan to cover the settlement's costs.More news: Our First Proper Look At PUBG's Desert Map
- YouTube likely leading Google's merged music streaming service, 2018 launch planned
- Kate Middleton steps out wearing lovely Diana hand-me-down
- Palestine, Egypt confer after U.S. decision on Jerusalem
- SoulCalibur VI Announced At The Game Awards 2017
- Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MDLZ): Financial Health and Analyst Ratings
- Man trapped by legs in oil tank
- Psagot Investment House Ltd. Reduces Holdings in Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX) EVP Sells $260400.00 in Stock
- Brown-Forman Q2 Profit Rises; Lifts FY Profit View
- Check Out The Latest 'Death Stranding' Trailer Here