During the late afternoon and early evening, between 3 and 8 PM, as the aforementioned surface low pressure passes to the east, colder air will be able to wrap back around and filter into the Upstate. We are going to see temperatures moderate some early in the week, but our next cold front looks to bring our next shot of much colder air into the state by midweek.
The cold air has been locked into the region with another blast coming southward through late today into Friday. Highs in the mid 40s. Highs will be in the upper 40s to lower 50s. It will feel like the 30s.
Thursday: Another raw, dreary weather day.More news: The stocks that governs the market: Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN)
This includes areas from Louisiana to parts of Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas. At the same time we will still have scattered showers. The ground will still be warm, so little if any accumulations are expected.
The showers will gradually taper off on Friday. It will be a welcoming sight after all of the rain, and cloudiness we have had recently. Highs in the mid to upper 30s.
Cold temperatures and rainy weather will stick around the Houston area over the next couple days, making way for a possible appearance of sleet or snow, according to the National Weather Service. This will all get started after midnight, when temperatures will begin to fall near the freezing mark.More news: Thunder Blow Double Digit Lead Again in Loss to Nets in Mexico
Tomorrow: Rain chances increasing by 5-6AM... Highs around 45 feeling like 30s. Wind north 10-15 miles per hour. Wind N 10-18 miles per hour. As this system winds down through Saturday morning, a few snowflakes could mix in with the rain for Columbia and points eastward. Then cloudy and chilly in afternoon. Cold low north of the lake around 30 with a light freeze, protect plants/pets/people, and cold south of the lake around 37 with frost, protect plants/pets/people.
Mostly clear and cool.
Partly cloudy, breezy, and cool.More news: FBI Director Wray Defends Agency Before Lawmakers
- House ethics panel probing Rep. Farenthold over harassment allegations
- Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) Lowered to Neutral at Hilliard Lyons
- Italian union says its Ryanair pilots to strike on December 15
- 'Incompetence and failure': Iran leader attacks Donald Trump over Jerusalem move
- Zoetis Inc. (NYSE:ZTS) Stake Lowered by Friedberg Investment Management
- Justice Ademola controversially retires from judiciary
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Jerusalem, says Palestine envoy
- Stabbing at Tokyo shrine leaves 3 people dead
- PSL 3rd edition to start from Feb 22 next year
- 18 killed when boat capsizes in Arabian Sea