Much to its gains, Facebook (FB) may have redeemed itself with the No. 1 spot on Glassdoor's "100 Best Places to Work in the U.S." this year, but Apple (AAPL) was lucked out.
Common complaints among current and former Apple employees on Glassdoor paint a picture of a company that is somehow "strapped for resources" despite having more money than any firm in history, internal politics that can make advancement hard, and heavy pressure to "deliver at a high standard with quick turnaround". "This is a testament to our unwavering commitment to create a positive, stimulating, and fun work environment that our employees love", said FieldEdge Co-CEO, Rameez Ansari. "As we look to continue to lead our industry, there are tremendous opportunities for people in all areas of our company to grow professionally, do meaningful work and impact our customers".More news: 29 horses burn to death at ranch destroyed by Creek Fire
Three companies have found themselves on the list repeatedly for their great work-places since the list was created almost a decade ago: Google, the world's most popular search giant, Apple, and Bain and Company, a consulting firm.
XPO has been recognized by Forbes magazine as one of America's Best Employers for 2017 and was recently named one of the best places to work in Italy by the independent research institute Statista, as published by the Italian magazine Panorama.More news: Adobe Sys INC (ADBE) Holder Brown Advisory INC Has Trimmed Holding
When it comes to "cons" for working at Apple, several employees who anonymously reviewed the company on Glassdoor said the iPhone maker is "strapped for resources" and "offers a poor work-life balance".
Another review read that the employee was highly satisfied working at Facebook, and praised fellow colleagues for being intelligent, energized, and passionate about the work they do.More news: Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ:INCY) Shares Bought by Zurcher Kantonalbank Zurich Cantonalbank
XPO has more than 20,000 employees at approximately 200 sites in the United Kingdom and Ireland, including over 3.5 million square meters of warehouse space.
- Is Buying Apple Incorporated (NASDAQ:AAPL) Here Good Idea?
- Syracuse to play Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium in 2018
- West Bromwich Albion head coach Alan Pardew: 'I fear Jonny Evans exit'
- Citadel Advisors LLC Boosted Its Applied Matls INC (AMAT) Position
- Penn State's Saquon Barkley wins 2017 Silver Football
- State reps ring bell for Salvation Army
- International Monetary Fund identifies financial risks in China
- UK Property Market Enjoys Fifth Consecutive Month of Positive Growth
- Alec Baldwin: 'Grand Jury' Late Night Shows Are Harming "Innocent People"
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC)