The Polk County Sheriff's Office said Davenport Mayor Darlene Bradley was arrested Tuesday and faces felony charges of using a deceased person's identification.
"We expect our elected officials to set the proper example".
Clearly, someone had a problem with it, and whoever that was dropped a tip with the Polk County Sheriff's Office to look into her parking situation.More news: Facebook's top moments of 2017
For Darlene Bradley, mayor of Davenport, Florida, the answer to that question is criminal identity theft. While serving a search warrant at Bradley's home, deputies said they found two handicap placards that were issued to two persons who were dead - one of them died in 2012 while the other in 2015.
Deputies arrested 60-year-old Teresa Bradley.
The sheriff's office stated that Bradley was videotaped parking in the disabled spot recently. The last operation was on Monday, when an identity-theft strike force staked out city hall and allegedly witnessed Bradley park in the same spot, with the same placard, then walk inside to sit through a council meeting. The city manager, Kelly Callihan, noticed it, but since Bradley had a placard, it didn't register as an issue.More news: RSI suggests Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOXA)'s Stock Becomes Overbought
When Bradley returned to her vehicle after her meeting, she removed the placard from her mirror and drove away, according to a news release. Deputies found that the placard was issued to Evelyn King Letterman, who died August 29, 2012, and had a true expiration date of October 30, 2013, authorities said. Polk County jail records obtained by Law&Crime show that she posted $2,250 of bail on Wednesday. Investigators identified her as Bradley, according to records obtained by The Tampa Bay Times.
They said the video also showed her taking a large wheeled briefcase out of her trunk and walking into City Hall without assistance.
"She's always done a good job as mayor, always had the best interests of the city at heart", Callihan told The Washington Post.More news: Analytical Report on Halliburton Company
- Are Analysts Bearish Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE:CTB) After Last Week?
- Cooking Neapolitan pizza made to the UNESCO world heritage list
- The lowest paid celeb on I'm A Celeb has been revealed
- Purchases New Position in CVS Health Corp (CVS)
- Woman's body washes ashore at Juhu beach, husband held
- Taika Waititi offered Star Wars movie
- Sheetz installs new lighting to deter opioid use
- Brokerage Overview of: Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (NASDAQ:HBAN)
- Arsenal boss Wenger disagrees with Champions League system
- Tokyo 2020 committee unveils final 3 candidate mascot pairs for games