The Polk County Sheriff's Office said Davenport Mayor Darlene Bradley was arrested Tuesday and faces felony charges of using a deceased person's identification.
"We expect our elected officials to set the proper example".
Clearly, someone had a problem with it, and whoever that was dropped a tip with the Polk County Sheriff's Office to look into her parking situation.More news: A Disastrous Justice League Sends Warner Bros
For Darlene Bradley, mayor of Davenport, Florida, the answer to that question is criminal identity theft. While serving a search warrant at Bradley's home, deputies said they found two handicap placards that were issued to two persons who were dead - one of them died in 2012 while the other in 2015.
Deputies arrested 60-year-old Teresa Bradley.
The sheriff's office stated that Bradley was videotaped parking in the disabled spot recently. The last operation was on Monday, when an identity-theft strike force staked out city hall and allegedly witnessed Bradley park in the same spot, with the same placard, then walk inside to sit through a council meeting. The city manager, Kelly Callihan, noticed it, but since Bradley had a placard, it didn't register as an issue.More news: Cooking Neapolitan pizza made to the UNESCO world heritage list
When Bradley returned to her vehicle after her meeting, she removed the placard from her mirror and drove away, according to a news release. Deputies found that the placard was issued to Evelyn King Letterman, who died August 29, 2012, and had a true expiration date of October 30, 2013, authorities said. Polk County jail records obtained by Law&Crime show that she posted $2,250 of bail on Wednesday. Investigators identified her as Bradley, according to records obtained by The Tampa Bay Times.
They said the video also showed her taking a large wheeled briefcase out of her trunk and walking into City Hall without assistance.
"She's always done a good job as mayor, always had the best interests of the city at heart", Callihan told The Washington Post.More news: Acquires 2378 Shares of Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH)
- Mariners acquire All-Star Dee Gordon from the Marlins
- Facebook's top moments of 2017
- Are Analysts Bearish Corcept Therapeutics Incorporated (NASDAQ:CORT) After Last Week?
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE:GS) Plans $0.75 Quarterly Dividend
- Analytical Report on Halliburton Company
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ) Stock Overview
- Lindsay Lohan Dishes on Whether She'll Move Back to the US
- Woman's body washes ashore at Juhu beach, husband held
- Shares of Simon Property Group (SPG) Raised to Hold From a Sell
- PDP convention: Our chance to restore dignity, says Mark