Chief Minister K Palaniswami made the request as he discussed the situation with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
Cyclone Ockhi: 150 Tamil Nadu And Kerala Fishermen Safe In Lakshadweep
Almost 9,000 people have sought shelter in relief camps.
In Lakshadweep, 31 relief camps have been opened in the 10 inhabited islands.More news: Hope Solo running for US Soccer president
Coconut trees have been uprooted at various places and houses damaged in eastern Kalpeni and Minicoy, sources said, adding the extent of the damage was being assessed.
According to a joint bulletin issued by IMD and Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) released yesterday, the severe cyclonic storm, centered over Lakshadweep, is likely to further intensify in the next 12 hours. "Irrespective of that the Navy and Air Force are searching for the fishermen 24 x 7". The ship had earlier found another body, a defence spokesperson said.More news: Former UNLV football coach Ron Meyer dies at 76
"The chief minister requested (Singh) that the Coast Guard and Navy should continue assisting the state government in swiftly rescuing the fishermen who have not returned so far, and that helicopters of Coast Guard and Navy should be deployed for this goal", the release said.
The state chief minister met some injured fishermen, who were rescued from the choppy waters, at the medical college hospital in Thiruvanathapuram and enquired about their well- being.More news: NYC's first snow of the season possible this weekend
- Lawmaker in Pennsylvania calls colleague gay after he touched his arm
- Border Protection Grid To Be Set Up In Border States: Rajnath Singh
- Colon, breast, ovarian cancer survival rates lower in blacks than whites
- Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE:CRM) Holdings Raised by Norinchukin Bank The
- Hosking Partners LLP Grows Holdings in Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CZR)
- Get Rs 21000 Off On Google Pixel 2 Smartphone
- Pakistan expresses concern over Trump plan to recognise Jerusalem as Israeli capital
- Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU) Issues FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Rogers is reportedly considering selling the Blue Jays
- Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) Position Increased by Nationwide Fund Advisors