A former Minister of Sports and now Plateau State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Hon.
PDP Deputy Chairman in Plateau Amos Gombi, who also confirmed the incident, said that Sango and his team were abducted on their way to Abuja.
The Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Plateau State, John Akans told Punch that the kidnappers have contacted the family and have demanded N100 million ransom.
He said, "Yes, our chairman, Chief Damishi Sango, and five other persons, including his son, driver and a chieftain of PDP in Plateau State were kidnapped by unknown gunmen on Wednesday evening".More news: Indonesian president regrets Jerusalem capital decision
INDEPENDENT gathered that Governor Simon Lalong had been contacted by the national secretariat of PDP on the Sango issue and urged him to do whatever he could to get an illustrious citizen of his state out of the kidnappers' den.
He said, "The kidnappers are demanding N100m". None of them have been released.
Asked if he suspected whether the incident had any link with the PDP convention or if the abductors were Fulani herdsmen, Akans said it could be the normal case of kidnapping as there was insecurity in the country.
They were seen making final preparations for the movement of delegates of the party to Abuja for participation in tomorrow's national convention of PDP. "I'm on my way to Abuja".More news: Heavy rain and cold for Friday, but no snow
"Those holding him called this afternoon".
Tyopev said that the Plateau Police Command had reached out to the Kaduna Command on the matter. We have no communication with the six occupants of the vehicle including the abductors and no ransom has been made.
His Kaduna State counterpart, ASP Mukhtar Aliyu, confirmed the kidnap took place along Kagarko-Jere Road in Kaduna State, stating that he received a distress call at about 7p.m. on Wednesday.More news: Quake of magnitude 5.1 hits J&K
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma take off to Switzerland for Italy wedding?
- Fidelity National Information Servcs (FIS) Earns "Buy" Rating from Cantor Fitzgerald
- Stabbing at Tokyo shrine leaves 3 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi to visit Jerusalem, says Palestine envoy
- FBI Director Wray Defends Agency Before Lawmakers
- Brexit Irish border deal possible within hours
- Geoffrey Rush to sue over behaviour claims
- Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health to Merge
- The stocks that governs the market: Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN)
- Thunder Blow Double Digit Lead Again in Loss to Nets in Mexico