NGT had objected to various provisions in the scheme exempting women, two-wheelers, VVIPs and children carriers.The government had cancelled the plan to implement the odd-even formula in November when Delhi was enveloped in choking haze, saying that they "cannot compromise on women safety".
Delhi government will not give any exemption to women when it implements the odd-even policy to combat pollution in the city.More news: Craig Melvin reportedly in talks to replace Matt Lauer at 'Today'
The counsel for the Delhi government said he would seek proper instructions and inform the bench accordingly.
The green panel directed them to file a detailed document to tackle the problem by tomorrow.
The government later withdrew that petition and filed a second review petition, asking for the road-rationing scheme to be implemented in NCR states too. Earlier, the government claims that the Delhi Pollution level increased due to the reason for burning crops.More news: United Nations rights body passes Rohingya crimes measure
The government has also said in its plan that construction will be stopped completely when air pollution level touches "severe" category, adding that the entry of trucks into the city will also be banned during the time. "However, you need to state both PM 2.5 and PM 10 concentration levels, which are not harmful to human health and tolerable", noted the bench.
However, on Monday, the green court lashed out at the Arvind Kejriwal-government for not filing a comprehensive action plan to curb pollution and slammed authorities for holding the India-Sri Lanka cricket match despite poor air quality. "Tell us beyond those levels, what measures you will take for each level of air quality. What are your normal steps to check pollution", the bench asked.
"Odd-even will come when the air-quality is beyond severe but what about other days?"More news: Betting Preview: Arsenal vs BATE Borisov: Back the Gunners to score first
- Karl-Anthony Towns, DeAndre Jordan Double-Double as Timberwolves Beat Clippers
- Korean diplomat meets United Nations official
- Analysts See $1.26 EPS for Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA)
- Former Vees player invited to Canada's world junior camp
- Deutsche Bank Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for Smiths Group (SMIN)
- Chelsea 1-1 Atletico Madrid
- Nigeria Army replaces Commander Operation Lafiya Dole
- Bigg Boss 11: Divya Agarwal's entry makes Priyank Sharma teary eyed
- Buhari visits Kano, to inaugurate several projects
- Nissan, DeNA unveil Easy Ride robo-vehicle mobility service in Japan