Manchester City went through as Group F winners despite their 2-1 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk, while Tottenham are also through in first place having wrapped up their group campaign with a 3-0 win over APOEL Nicosia.
Chelsea, meanwhile, had to settle for second place in Group C following their 1-1 draw with Atletico Madrid at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
For the record, finishing positions in all eight groups have now been more or less declared, with clubs from the same country unable to draw each other in the second round.
The Reds have also qualified for the knockout phase for the 17th time in this our 21st Champions League group stage campaign.
The pots for Champions League last 16, first and second leg dates
"We're out of the Champions League and we're sad about that".
Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Besiktas are amongst the opposition that Chelsea can face, but Azpilicueta isn't too anxious about his side's second-placed finish.
Now that the group stage is over, here's everything you need to know for the Round of 16.More news: 'The Nutcracker' opens with new scenery in second act
Tottenham: Basel (20), Bayern Munich (4), Juventus (5), Seville (7), Shakhtar Donetsk (16) or Porto (12).
These restrictions are removed ahead of the quarter-finals.
Cesar Azpilicueta has said it hurts to miss a game for Chelsea after his incredible run of 74 consecutive 90-minute appearances in the Premier League came to an end.
When is the draw and when are the games?More news: Kaalakandi first poster: Saif Ali Khan's look will leave you amused
Italian champions Juventus struck early in Greece through Juan Cuadrado and late with Federico Bernardeschi to secure the runners-up place in Group D behind Barca.
Seeded group winners will be away in the first legs on 14/15 and 21/22 February at home in the second leg on 7/8 and 14-15 March.More news: Katrina Kaif & Alia Bhatt Are The Ultimate BFF Twinning #Goals
- (UPS) Shares Bought by Shell Asset Management Co
- Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israeli capital, instructs embassy relocation process
- Ohio State's Andrew Dakich Slaps Five With Teddy Valentine
- Astronomers observe most-distant supermassive black hole yet discovered
- Will Repealing Net Neutrality Really Spell Doom for Cryptocurrencies?
- The red Russian uniforms won't be in Pyeongchang, but the athletes will
- Glg LLC Upped Stake in Gilead Sciences INC (Call) (GILD)
- Spain coach Lopetegui wary of World Cup rivals
- BTC Loses Steam, High Fees and Volatility to Blame
- Alaska Airlines to put limits on 'smart bags' starting January 15