Manchester City went through as Group F winners despite their 2-1 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk, while Tottenham are also through in first place having wrapped up their group campaign with a 3-0 win over APOEL Nicosia.
Chelsea, meanwhile, had to settle for second place in Group C following their 1-1 draw with Atletico Madrid at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
For the record, finishing positions in all eight groups have now been more or less declared, with clubs from the same country unable to draw each other in the second round.
The Reds have also qualified for the knockout phase for the 17th time in this our 21st Champions League group stage campaign.
The pots for Champions League last 16, first and second leg dates
"We're out of the Champions League and we're sad about that".
Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Besiktas are amongst the opposition that Chelsea can face, but Azpilicueta isn't too anxious about his side's second-placed finish.
Now that the group stage is over, here's everything you need to know for the Round of 16.More news: Katrina Kaif & Alia Bhatt Are The Ultimate BFF Twinning #Goals
Tottenham: Basel (20), Bayern Munich (4), Juventus (5), Seville (7), Shakhtar Donetsk (16) or Porto (12).
These restrictions are removed ahead of the quarter-finals.
Cesar Azpilicueta has said it hurts to miss a game for Chelsea after his incredible run of 74 consecutive 90-minute appearances in the Premier League came to an end.
When is the draw and when are the games?More news: 'The Nutcracker' opens with new scenery in second act
Italian champions Juventus struck early in Greece through Juan Cuadrado and late with Federico Bernardeschi to secure the runners-up place in Group D behind Barca.
Seeded group winners will be away in the first legs on 14/15 and 21/22 February at home in the second leg on 7/8 and 14-15 March.More news: USA Value Factor Ishares ETF (VLUE): A Look Inside The Numbers
- Will Repealing Net Neutrality Really Spell Doom for Cryptocurrencies?
- (UPS) Shares Bought by Shell Asset Management Co
- Spain coach Lopetegui wary of World Cup rivals
- Gujarat Assembly Election 2017: Mouth-watering Congress manifesto
- Astronomers observe most-distant supermassive black hole yet discovered
- WestJet, Delta agree to expand partnership with co-ordinated schedules
- Wildfire Breaks Out Near Getty Center
- Woman assaulted on flight heading to Charlotte airport
- FSU Football introduces Willie Taggart as new head coach
- Glg LLC Upped Stake in Gilead Sciences INC (Call) (GILD)