Now with 10 straight stoppage wins to his credit, Ngannou will face Miocic for the Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight title sometime in 2018; so impressive was his knockout of Overeem that the Cameroonian has opened as a -160 favorite against the reigning Miocic.
At the UFC 218 post-fight presser on Saturday night, a member of the gathered MMA media asked Dana White about the possibility of adding Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou to the UFC 220 card on January 20th.More news: 4 important things Taylor Swift said about sexual assault and harassment
Ngannou would be seven weeks removed from his most recent outing inside the Octagon, defeating Alistair Overeem at UFC 218 on December 2. Miocic has defended his title twice since defeating then-champion Fabricio Werdum via first-round knockout at UFC 198 in May 2016. Contractual issues, however, have kept Miocic out of the octagon since the Dos Santos fight.
This rankings update welcomes another newcomer courtesy of UFC 218: Strawweight vet Felice Herrig took her fourth straight win, earning a split decision over previously eighth-ranked Cortney Casey-Sanchez. All 26 of his strikes were considered significant, according to FightMetric.More news: Ben Stokes named in England ODI squad to face Australia
After dos Santos fell to the canvas, Miocic swarmed the former champion and threw more than a dozen left-handed punches through the guard, and when those strikes went unanswered, referee Herb Dean called a stop to the bout.
The challenger would be facing a champion who has also made quick work of his recent opponents, stopping his last four dance partners in the opening round as well.More news: H&R Block, Inc. (HRB) Can't Be More Safe. Trades Significantly Higher
The UFC star is one of the hottest fighters in MMA at the moment after his sensational knockout of Alistair Overeem in Denver.
- Newborn dies 7 days after mistakenly declared dead by Delhi hospital
- Eating Cheese Every Day Might Actually Be Good for You
- Streaking Capitals host slumping Blackhawks
- New York Yankees introduce former player Aaron Boone as new manager
- Arshi wants to be captain
- Corey Feldman's 1993 audio recordings concerning alleged Hollywood pedophiles have been found
- Da Vinci Painting worth $450 Million is heading to Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Clerk who withheld same-sex licenses freed
- Reflections on the Current State of Micron Technology, Inc. (MU)
- Prince George Had The Tiniest, Cutest Part In His School's Nativity Play