The dramatic Skirball fire, which erupted in Los Angeles early Wednesday, may have reached Rupert Murdoch's Bel-Air estate and has threatened other multimillion estates in nearby neighborhoods whose star residents include Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"The Bel Air fire of '61 had a similar footprint. we lost over 500 homes in that fire".More news: Weight loss can reverse type 2 diabetes
"We believe the winery and house are still intact". Later, the Los Angeles Times reported that the fire had grown near Murdoch's estate, but had not burned the property's buildings or vineyard.
Video from a local NBC New report Wednesday showed flames at the 21st Century Fox mogul's home. Murdoch then bought the property in 2013 for $28.8 million.More news: Chinese state-run daily publishes nuclear war safety tips
The Skirball Fire in the area south of scenic Mulholland Drive and north of Sunset Boulevard is just one of several major out-of-control brush fires that have sprung up in Southern California since Monday, when Santa Ana wind conditions set in.
Los Angeles is being scorched at the moment thanks to some fairly unprecedented wildfires that are now overrunning some of the wealthier, more-celebrity filled areas of the city, forcing mass evacuations. Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency.More news: Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds To Star In Detective Pikachu Movie
US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday his thoughts and prayers were with everyone in the path of the wildfires. THANK YOU to all First Responders for your incredible work! That fire has already claimed 150 structures but the incident commander, Todd Derum, told the Associated Press that he thinks hundreds of homes have likely been destroyed.
- Conyers' son was arrested for earlier this year for allegedly attacking girlfriend
- New York Yankees introduce former player Aaron Boone as new manager
- H&R Block, Inc. (HRB) Can't Be More Safe. Trades Significantly Higher
- Prince George Had The Tiniest, Cutest Part In His School's Nativity Play
- Birth control may be putting women at risk for breast cancer
- Care spending growth slowed considerably in 2016
- Strong winds expected in some counties as Storm Caroline impacts Ireland
- Pep Guardiola 'Learns Lesson' From Manchester City's Win Over West Ham
- Pentagon: About 2000 U.S. troops in Syria
- Durability and Battery Life of iPhone X Called into Question