Reports from USA Today on Wednesday came out that stated that Rousey is the final stages of completing a deal with the WWE, so the potential first chapter of this possible eight-women encounter is on the horizon.
WWE essentially confirmed a deal with Rousey was in the works when it posted a video of the former UFC star in a stare down with wrestler Charlotte Flair back in September.
The mixed martial arts star has always been rumored to make the move to professional wrestling after her UFC career seemingly ended when she was knocked out by Amanda Nunes inside 48 seconds in December 2016. The UFC's first female fighter, Rousey began her MMA career 12-0, usually dispatching her foes shortly into the first round, and won acclaim for her skills, looks and charisma.
Ronda Rousey's Ultimate Fighting Championship career effectively ended past year, when she was beaten by Amanda Nunes inside 48 seconds. I care about her, and she's got enough money. She has also spent time working out at the WWE's High Performance Center in Orlando, Fla.More news: Hugh Jackman talks turning down James Bond
"I wouldn't want to see it". She's got enough money and all that stuff.
UFC president Dana White counts Rousey as a personal friend, and said he believes there is little she can gain from taking to the octagon again.
Whether that actually happens remains to be seen, but Rousey is legitimately a huge name who can attract a wide audience in WWE regardless of what she does.
Such certainty makes this an opportunistic time to evaluate what Rousey brought to mixed martial arts during her frenetic and remarkable reign.More news: Upcoming Huawei P11 to feature 40MP Tri-Camera Setup in the Rear
The one time dominant champion of the UFC women's bantamweight division is moving on from the sport that made her a household name.
Ronda Rousey was knocked out in her last fight against Amanda Nunes in December 2016.
"Ronda changed the game for all of us", recently deposed women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk said. She was subdued and mostly absent from promotion leading up to the Nunes fight and has largely shunned the spotlight since.
Which means she leaves just as she arrived - uniquely.More news: The red Russian uniforms won't be in Pyeongchang, but the athletes will
- House OKs GOP bill expanding gun owners' rights
- Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israeli capital, instructs embassy relocation process
- Wildfire Breaks Out Near Getty Center
- Katrina Kaif & Alia Bhatt Are The Ultimate BFF Twinning #Goals
- Will Repealing Net Neutrality Really Spell Doom for Cryptocurrencies?
- Jennifer Lawrence refused to take sexual roles after her nudes were hacked
- Melania Trump, Karen Pence to visit hurricane-battered South Texas
- 'The Nutcracker' opens with new scenery in second act
- Woman assaulted on flight heading to Charlotte airport
- Gujarat Assembly Election 2017: Mouth-watering Congress manifesto