Reports from USA Today on Wednesday came out that stated that Rousey is the final stages of completing a deal with the WWE, so the potential first chapter of this possible eight-women encounter is on the horizon.
WWE essentially confirmed a deal with Rousey was in the works when it posted a video of the former UFC star in a stare down with wrestler Charlotte Flair back in September.
The mixed martial arts star has always been rumored to make the move to professional wrestling after her UFC career seemingly ended when she was knocked out by Amanda Nunes inside 48 seconds in December 2016. The UFC's first female fighter, Rousey began her MMA career 12-0, usually dispatching her foes shortly into the first round, and won acclaim for her skills, looks and charisma.
Ronda Rousey's Ultimate Fighting Championship career effectively ended past year, when she was beaten by Amanda Nunes inside 48 seconds. I care about her, and she's got enough money. She has also spent time working out at the WWE's High Performance Center in Orlando, Fla.More news: Jennifer Lawrence refused to take sexual roles after her nudes were hacked
"I wouldn't want to see it". She's got enough money and all that stuff.
UFC president Dana White counts Rousey as a personal friend, and said he believes there is little she can gain from taking to the octagon again.
Whether that actually happens remains to be seen, but Rousey is legitimately a huge name who can attract a wide audience in WWE regardless of what she does.
Such certainty makes this an opportunistic time to evaluate what Rousey brought to mixed martial arts during her frenetic and remarkable reign.More news: Bungie Will Address Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris' Prometheus Lens Rifle Bug
The one time dominant champion of the UFC women's bantamweight division is moving on from the sport that made her a household name.
Ronda Rousey was knocked out in her last fight against Amanda Nunes in December 2016.
"Ronda changed the game for all of us", recently deposed women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk said. She was subdued and mostly absent from promotion leading up to the Nunes fight and has largely shunned the spotlight since.
Which means she leaves just as she arrived - uniquely.More news: The pots for Champions League last 16, first and second leg dates
- Giants GM says parameters of Stanton trade have been reached
- Durability and Battery Life of iPhone X Called into Question
- Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israeli capital, instructs embassy relocation process
- Melania Trump, Karen Pence to visit hurricane-battered South Texas
- Kaalakandi first poster: Saif Ali Khan's look will leave you amused
- Hugh Jackman talks turning down James Bond
- Glg LLC Upped Stake in Gilead Sciences INC (Call) (GILD)
- Alaska Airlines to put limits on 'smart bags' starting January 15
- Ohio State's Andrew Dakich Slaps Five With Teddy Valentine
- The red Russian uniforms won't be in Pyeongchang, but the athletes will