The play in question occurred right after MI had taken its largest lead of the game, 43-23, on a Moritz Wagner 3-pointer with 1:31 remaining before halftime. "We just made little adjustments, played a little harder". Keita Bates-Diop led the Buckeyes with 18 points and nine rebounds. Beilein cited other miscues from Monday's meltdown, including a reckless pass Wagner threw to open the second half that had a "10 percent chance" of success, senior guard Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman drawing two defenders on a ball screen and not passing it to an open Wagner, and a blown up play out of a timeout that resulted in Wagner taking a poor shot with plenty of time still left on the shot clock. "When things got a little tough, we really had trouble stepping up".
MI was able to temporarily overcome its shooting woes with a string of stops and a 9-0 run on a three-point play by Jordan Poole and two free throws apiece from Simpson, Abdur-Rahkman and Wagner to reclaim a 60-56 edge at the 4:54 mark. A Kam Williams jumper with 3:32 left in the game tied it at 60, and Ohio State hit 11 free throws and pulled away, thanks in part to some poor MI shooting. Ohio State turned up the defensive pressure and hit 11 free throws in the last 2:15 to pull away and complete the comeback. The crowd energy in the second half was exciting, he said. Ohio State shot 48.9 percent. "I mean, we had them where we wanted them, or at least we thought. It's a mistake that we shouldn't have made and we made it".More news: Kate McKinnon does a spot-on Gal Gadot impression for Jimmy Fallon
Ohio State's defense continued to offer little resistance as MI went on a stretch where it scored on 10 of 12 possessions to take command and start pulling away. MI led by as many as 20 in the half, but the 7-0 run - capped by a monster dunk by JaeSean Tate - pulled it closer.
Moritz Wagner had 14 points and nine rebounds for the Wolverines.More news: 17-Foot Python Takes New Record for Annual Florida Snake Hunt
Ohio State: The Buckeyes came on strong and played stout defense to roar back and flatten their rival.
"We just got to play better in the second half, specifically, to win and we didn't do that", Robinson said.More news: National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell signs contract extension
- Looking at Shares of Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) — Equity Focus
- Skirball Fire forces closure of the 405 in Los Angeles
- Kaalakandi first poster: Saif Ali Khan's look will leave you amused
- Stock's Volatility Analysis: First Horizon National Corporation (FHN)
- USA Value Factor Ishares ETF (VLUE): A Look Inside The Numbers
- Trump eyes private spy network to fight 'deep state'
- (UPS) Shares Bought by Shell Asset Management Co
- Wildfire Breaks Out Near Getty Center
- Trump 'very committed' to Middle East peace process: Tillerson
- Midweek podcast: Making sense of the drama in China