During the visit they are expected to hold a meet-and-greet with first responders who have played a role in the recovery efforts since the storm.
According to CBN News, the two women will go to Corpus Christi first to meet with first responders who helped victims of Hurricane Harvey.More news: Glg LLC Upped Stake in Gilead Sciences INC (Call) (GILD)
Trump and Pence plan to spend time with first responders who helped the region during the storm before traveling to nearby Rockport to spend time with a family whose home was almost destroyed by Harvey. They will see the remains of that family's home, along with the FEMA manufactured home the family is living in now.
Texas first lady Cecilia Abbott and Land Commissioner George P. Bush took part in the visit that included a stop in nearby Rockport, where Harvey decimated hundreds of homes and businesses.
The motorcade arrived at Charlie Marshall Elementary School at Aransas Pass in the afternoon and they visited a fourth-grade class. Trump shook hands with the students, who were being taught the difference between facts and opinions.More news: Ex Volkswagen executive jailed in United States amid diesel scandal
"The effects of the hurricane season are still being felt throughout southern portions of the United States and in Puerto Rico, and residents still need our help", Mrs. Trump said in a news release from the White House Press Office.
Second lady Karen Pence and first lady Melania Trump at the Freedom Inaugural Ball on January 20, 2017, in Washington, D.C.
"And also to the world the work and the heart of the Texas people that helped us recoup and bounce back", Hanson said. Download the KIII-TV 3News app now.More news: Looking at Shares of Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) — Equity Focus
- Astronomers observe most-distant supermassive black hole yet discovered
- (UPS) Shares Bought by Shell Asset Management Co
- Trump eyes private spy network to fight 'deep state'
- Woman assaulted on flight heading to Charlotte airport
- Upcoming Huawei P11 to feature 40MP Tri-Camera Setup in the Rear
- Trump 'very committed' to Middle East peace process: Tillerson
- Will Repealing Net Neutrality Really Spell Doom for Cryptocurrencies?
- 66% of Americans Show Sympathy for the Palestinian Cause
- Giants GM says parameters of Stanton trade have been reached
- Alaska Airlines to put limits on 'smart bags' starting January 15