Chinese border troops "took a professional and responsible attitude" and carried out identification verification of the device, Zhang added.
China's Defence Ministry said that the Indian unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) crashed into the Chinese side of the border.
China on Thursday claimed that an Indian drone violated country's airspace and crashed, reported global media.More news: Eating Cheese Every Day Might Actually Be Good for You
It said only that the drone crashed in "recent days" and did not give a location.
Contentious issues like China's repeated blocking of listing of JeM chief Masood Azhar, Chinese military continuing to keep large troops presence near the site of Doklam standoff even during winter as well as Dollars 50 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor were expected to figure in the talks.
He was quoted in Xinhua news agency as saying that India had "violated China's territorial sovereignty". "We will fulfill our mission and responsibility and defend China's national sovereignty and security resolutely".More news: Arshi wants to be captain
China and Bhutan have competing claims on the plateau, and India supports Bhutan's claim. India had intervened on Bhutan's behalf as Chinese building activities threatened "Chicken's Neck"- a narrow strip of land connecting Indian mainland to its northeastern states.
Wang's visit to Delhi is regarded significant as it would set tone for President Xi Jinping's policy approach to India in his second term as the head of the ruling Communist Party of China. India objected to the construction highlighting its security concerns.
India has yet to respond to China's latest claim.More news: PUBG On Xbox One Will Receive These Exclusive Cosmetic Packs
The external affairs ministry said Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov will visit India for the trilateral.
- Prince George Had The Tiniest, Cutest Part In His School's Nativity Play
- Elon Musk reveals map for underground tunnel system in Los Angeles
- Mi A1 owners can now apply to join Xiaomi's Oreo beta
- Corey Feldman's 1993 audio recordings concerning alleged Hollywood pedophiles have been found
- YOU BEAUTY: The Australian Parliament Has Voted Yes To Marriage Equality
- Care spending growth slowed considerably in 2016
- Jeffrey Tambor may not leave Transparent after all
- Strong winds expected in some counties as Storm Caroline impacts Ireland
- Young & CO. LTD. Boosts Holdings in Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APD)
- Clerk who withheld same-sex licenses freed