The Centre on Thursday informed Supreme Court that deadline to link Aadhaar Card with various schemes will be extended till March 31, 2018.
Citizens are required to link their Aadhaar with government services, PAN cards, mobile numbers and bank accounts.
The government will issue the notification tomorrow, Attorney General K K Venugopal told the top court this morning. A bench headed by CJI Deepak Misra had said in October that a constitution bench would be set up for Aadhaar-related grievances.More news: Arshi wants to be captain
On November 26, the top court had said that it would hear the petitions after its constitution bench concludes hearing the Delhi-Centre governance dispute.
Senior advocate Shyam Divan, appearing for those opposing the Aadhaar scheme, told the bench that the Centre should give an undertaking that no coercive steps would be taken against those who fail to link their Aadhaar with various services. Our goal is, all duplicate PANs should be eliminated which are not linked to Aadhaar card.
The court has agreed to hear petitions challenging Aadhaar next for interim relief.More news: Elon Musk reveals map for underground tunnel system in Los Angeles
The Centre had made Aadhaar mandatory to avail various welfare schemes including PDS.
Social service schemes: The 135 Total social service scheme including MNREGA, LPG, Ration Card and the beneficiaries should link their Aadhaar Card number on or before December 31, 2017.
The deadline for linking Aadhaar with bank accounts is December 31, while for the mobile number it is February 6.More news: Eating Cheese Every Day Might Actually Be Good for You
The Supreme Court had yesterday made it clear that banks and telecom service providers will have to indicate the last date of linking bank accounts and mobile numbers with Aadhaar in their communications with customers.
- Mi A1 owners can now apply to join Xiaomi's Oreo beta
- Care spending growth slowed considerably in 2016
- H&R Block, Inc. (HRB) Can't Be More Safe. Trades Significantly Higher
- PUBG On Xbox One Will Receive These Exclusive Cosmetic Packs
- Clerk who withheld same-sex licenses freed
- Pentagon: About 2000 U.S. troops in Syria
- Da Vinci Painting worth $450 Million is heading to Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds To Star In Detective Pikachu Movie
- Airline Crew Says They Saw North Korean Test Missile Re-Enter Atmosphere
- Prince George Had The Tiniest, Cutest Part In His School's Nativity Play