So far there's no clue as to what kind of products the two companies will make.More news: A Government Shutdown 'Could Happen' On Friday
The collaboration is a little unexpected, since Sonos is considered a premium brand and Ikea is budget home furnishing Plus Sonos is very limited in their product line - they sell exactly 9 products, meaning even a small collaboration with Ikea could potentially double the amount of products they make.
"Together with Sonos we want to democratise music and sound in the home, and we want to create products designed for how people listen together at home", he noted.More news: House approves legislation to suspend U.S. aid to Palestinians
IKEA has been trying to inch in on the high-tech markets that have begun trickling down to the DIY market, and this is just the third step in that plan.
"At IKEA we strive to make solutions for life at home by integrating technology into our home furnishing offer that are easy to use and affordable, thereby making smart home technology accessible to the many people", said Björn Block of IKEA's smart home division. Enabling people to create the right atmosphere in their home with great design, music and sound. However, it's possible that Sonos could produce an Ikea-exclusive product - perhaps a speaker that's priced below the current entry-level $200 Sonos One. As part of the latter, Ikea also introduced a smart home hub, which could easily be extended to work with existing as well as upcoming Sonos products.More news: Police Foil Islamic Terror Plot To Kill British PM Theresa May
"At Sonos we understand the transformational power of music in the home", says Patrick Spence, CEO at Sonos.
- EPS Growth overview of Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)
- UnitedHealth to buy DaVita Medical clinics for $4.9 billion
- 'Happiness, Couple Fulfillment Ministry' was a typographical error - Okorocha
- Mourinho praises Shaw in first start of season
- Rep. Al Green to Force Trump Impeachment Vote on Wednesday
- Astronauts Made Pizzas in Space
- Pair of super-Earths found orbiting star K2-18
- Arsenal boss Wenger responds to Mourinho comment
- Pope Francis defends Jerusalem 'status quo'
- Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez to run for governor; announcement today in Austin