Roper was in the running for the head coach vacancy at Rice, his alma mater, which ultimately was filled by Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren.
South Carolina's co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Kurt Roper has been relieved of his duties effective immediately, the school announced this morning.More news: Floyd Mayweather Reveals He 'Carried Conor McGregor,' Rips Oscar De La Hoya
"After much deliberation, I have chose to go in a different direction with the offensive coordinator position on our football team", said Muschamp.
The Gamecocks (8-4) rank 108th nationally in total offense, averaging just 340.2 yards per game.More news: Tracee Ellis Ross reads her book for 'Handsy' men
SC was last in the Southeastern Conference with 347 yards of total offense a game in Muschamp and Roper's first season in 2016. That's 14.7 yards fewer than MI, which checked in at No. 101. As things stand right now, USC is 12th in the SEC in scoring at 24.1 points per game.
But much like the Wolverines, this SC team is young. In his first year, Carolina fielded three starting quarterbacks before the job was earned by Jake Bentley.More news: Kate Middleton Wears Princess Diana's Tiara to The Queen's Winter Party
Roper joined the Gamecocks in 2016 as the team's co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
- Is Moffett Nathanson Now Positive For Home Depot (NYSE:HD)?
- Katy Perry wins millions in damages after legal battle with nuns
- Congress is punting on the government shutdown deadline
- Shannon Beador seeking primary physical custody of kids
- Police Foil Islamic Terror Plot To Kill British PM Theresa May
- Abhishek Bachchan Fitting Response To A Troll Questioning Aaradhya's Normal Childhood
- ON Semiconductor Corp. (ON), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) — Yesterday Stock's Trend
- Hackers hold NC county's computers ransom for 2 bitcoins
- Reggie Yates quits Top of the Pops over his Jewish podcast slur
- EPS Growth overview of Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)