Roper was in the running for the head coach vacancy at Rice, his alma mater, which ultimately was filled by Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren.
South Carolina's co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Kurt Roper has been relieved of his duties effective immediately, the school announced this morning.More news: Pair of super-Earths found orbiting star K2-18
"After much deliberation, I have chose to go in a different direction with the offensive coordinator position on our football team", said Muschamp.
The Gamecocks (8-4) rank 108th nationally in total offense, averaging just 340.2 yards per game.More news: What the Insider Data Suggests About Antero Resources Corporation (AR)
SC was last in the Southeastern Conference with 347 yards of total offense a game in Muschamp and Roper's first season in 2016. That's 14.7 yards fewer than MI, which checked in at No. 101. As things stand right now, USC is 12th in the SEC in scoring at 24.1 points per game.
But much like the Wolverines, this SC team is young. In his first year, Carolina fielded three starting quarterbacks before the job was earned by Jake Bentley.More news: Kate Middleton Wears Princess Diana's Tiara to The Queen's Winter Party
Roper joined the Gamecocks in 2016 as the team's co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
- 'Happiness, Couple Fulfillment Ministry' was a typographical error - Okorocha
- Reggie Yates quits Top of the Pops over his Jewish podcast slur
- Pollution harmful to babies ' brains
- Floyd Mayweather Reveals He 'Carried Conor McGregor,' Rips Oscar De La Hoya
- Senior (SNR) Given "Hold" Rating at Numis Securities
- Rep. Al Green to Force Trump Impeachment Vote on Wednesday
- Putin Announces He'll Seek Reelection as Russian President in 2018
- Shannon Beador seeking primary physical custody of kids
- Democratic senators call on Al Franken to resign after new allegations
- EPS Growth overview of Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)