The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said quake tremors with magnitude 5.5 hit Rudraprayag in Uttarakhand, depth 30 km. According to European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre, the tremors were also felt in different parts of the country.
According to the Centre for Seismology, an quake of 5.5 magnitude was reported in Rudraprayag in Uttarakhand.More news: 'Road Wars' Policeman James Dixon Dies After Motorcycle Crash
Natural disaster tremors in Uttarakhand reportedly lasted for more than 30 seconds. It occurred at around 8.45 pm.
The tremors were felt for around 5 to 10 seconds. There is no report of any loss of life or property as of now.More news: Keisha Lance Bottoms Claims Victory As Atlanta Mayor, Norwood Demands A Recount
Uttarakhand, a part of the Himalayan region, falls under a high seismic zone. Many people took to Twitter just after they felt the natural disaster.More news: Hornets' Steve Clifford Takes Leave Of Absence To Address Health
- LaVar Ball, LiAngelo Ball explain shoplifting arrest and decision to leave UCLA
- Canada scraps plan to buy Boeing fighters amid trade dispute
- Shraddha Kapoor confirmed to play opposite Rajkummar Rao in a horror comedy
- High of 36 today in Boulder with snow expected by Thursday morning
- Oil Prices Slip Amid Gasoline Inventory Build-Up (USO)
- Leading Stock Investor's Alert:- Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE:DAL)
- Kroger (KR) Given a $30.00 Price Target by Pivotal Research Analysts
- These are the best places to work in 2018, according to employees
- Zurcher Kantonalbank Zurich Cantonalbank Grows Holdings in CME Group Inc (NASDAQ:CME)
- Johanna Konta appoints Maria Sharapova's former coach Michael Joyce