"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL's Compensation Committee has informed all owners that a new contract for Commissioner Roger Goodell has been executed".More news: Midweek podcast: Making sense of the drama in China
ESPN confirmed the Goodell's extension, which comes during a tumultuous season defined by player protests and the harsh response from fans and even President Trump.More news: Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez to run for governor; announcement today in Austin
The Compensation Committee, which consists of six owners, headed by the Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, was given authorization to execute an extension for Goodell.
Jones, reportedly angry that Goodell banned his star running back Ezekiel Elliott for six games in August over domestic abuse allegations, had attempted to derail the commish's new deal.More news: Rhian Brewster: Liverpool report alleged racial abuse of striker during youth game
The Commissioner finally has a new contract.
- Whistleblower alleges Flynn texted about Russian Federation nuclear deal during inauguration, congressman says
- Assassin's Creed Rogue HD Rated For PS4 and Xbox One in Korea
- 17-Foot Python Takes New Record for Annual Florida Snake Hunt
- Trump 'very committed' to Middle East peace process: Tillerson
- Report Said Trump's Bank Was Being Subpoenaed
- EPS for Carnival plc (CUK) Expected At $0.47
- Chiefs suspend Marcus Peters against Raiders
- Looking at Shares of Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS) — Equity Focus
- Sonos and Ikea Tease Collaboration
- Astronauts Made Pizzas in Space