"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL's Compensation Committee has informed all owners that a new contract for Commissioner Roger Goodell has been executed".More news: Call of Duty: WWII Winter Siege Trailer Released
ESPN confirmed the Goodell's extension, which comes during a tumultuous season defined by player protests and the harsh response from fans and even President Trump.More news: The Biggest Starbucks in the World is Now in Shanghai
The Compensation Committee, which consists of six owners, headed by the Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, was given authorization to execute an extension for Goodell.
Jones, reportedly angry that Goodell banned his star running back Ezekiel Elliott for six games in August over domestic abuse allegations, had attempted to derail the commish's new deal.More news: Trump 'very committed' to Middle East peace process: Tillerson
The Commissioner finally has a new contract.
- Assassin's Creed Rogue HD Rated For PS4 and Xbox One in Korea
- KT McFarland's Senate Confirmation 'Frozen' Amid Contact Questions
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi's Daisy Ridley Talks About Rey's Flaws
- Midweek podcast: Making sense of the drama in China
- Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez to run for governor; announcement today in Austin
- 17-Foot Python Takes New Record for Annual Florida Snake Hunt
- EPS for Carnival plc (CUK) Expected At $0.47
- Jordan Peele's The Twilight Zone reboot greenlit by CBS All Access
- Dead & Company Cancel Show After John Mayer Admitted for Emergency Surgery
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP) is Hemenway Trust Co LLC's 2nd Largest Position